Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
specs

core i7-2600
asus p8p67
corsair 8gb ddr3 ( 2x4)
hd radeon 5850
power supply: coolermaster 1000W

i mistakenly rested my pc, tried to turn it on again it does but turns off instantly and turns on again, and stays like that, no image, no beeps, tpu and epu led on, cpu led on ( red ), i took out the cpu fan and put my finger on the cpu to check if its heating, it doesnt.

please guys can u help me with this,

thanks

frukiz

Solution
Most probably the Mobo, you can always try the CPU in another rig. I'd suggest checking them both with a different PSU outside the rig if that was possible before sending it back for an exchange.
Open the case and reset the BIOS to default values.
Then if it boots past the BIOS, press F8 and boot once into Safe Mode.
Let windows fully startup and then shut it down.
Boot into BIOS again and make the necessary changes in the Boot order etc etc. Save & Exit, Boot into windows normally.
Do this and let us know what happens when.

frukiz

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Thanks for the help, but no luck

nothing happens, my case fans and vga fan start at full throttle and don't stop as well

anything else? I should try

thanks again

How about just removing the CPU and then reseating it? Have you given that a try, I'd also like you to check to see if there is any discoloration on the CPU base contact points or the Pins in the socket that are on the Mobo. Use a torch/flashlight if you have to and check if you see any signs of the copper contacts overheating.