brohde88

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2011
Hey Guy!

I am currently really struggling with my build. This is what I have so Far

NZXT Phantom Full Tower Gaming Case - White

Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)

Processor Cooling
Asetek 550LC Liquid CPU Cooling System (Intel) - Standard 120mm Fan

Memory
4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - 1.5GB - Single Card

Motherboard
[SLI] ASUS P8P67 PRO -- 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16, On-Board Bluetooth

1000 Watt -- Extreme Gaming Series

Primary Hard Drive
640 GB HARD DRIVE -- 64M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive

Optical Drive
24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black

1 x Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks

My problem is the Extreme Gaming Series PSU... It is the cheapest PSU that is 1000Watts, I am getting that size because sooner than later I will want dual GTX 580's (I'm Greedy ) I have been trying to look up reviews of this PSU but have failed. The next closest PSU price is $50 dollars (USD) more and I feel that 1000W is plenty that and that I do not have to worry about the PSU being strained. Am I correct in this belief or should I fork over the extra $50?

Do you have a link to where you are buying that PSU from, because putting 1000W Extreme Gaming Series into google doesn't come up with anything useful. Or brand name. You might have to ask the shop for more information.

Also if you want to make sure that you have a power supply that is capable of powering your build you should be concerned with getting one that is good enough, not necessarily the number on the label or the price.

rrplay

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2010
Is that 1000W Extreme Gaming Series PSU from a manufacturers configuration info screen ? looks like it anyhow..

If your considering adding another vid card at a later time and with all the cash investment it is well worth the extra 50.00 or so to spend on a name brand 1000W PSU with an 80+ plus rating. modular models even better for cable management but more $$

hope this helps you decide.

A good 850 watt PSU can actually handle a couple of 580's along with a heavily overclocked processor.. As such my recommendation will be to go for the XFX 850W Black Edition.. An excellent modular PSU with a very reasonable price tag..

In tht case, you may opt for the Corsair TX 950.. The whole point is not to skip on getting a good PSU after having spent generously on the rest of the system components..