echoview starbase queue info

hi all

in echoview you have a button "starbase" in the planet dialog. If you
hit it you get the "starbase" info. There is a little info called "build
order" with "Queue XX" (XX is any number) in brackets. Now my question
is to what Queue that information refers to!? Is it the normal building
queue, meaning that if I have "queue 1" for example I will build the
next ship in this game if no PBPs are used? And 49 would mean that 48
bases are building ships before I build mine.

I have to know that because I want to understand and control that damn
building queue... and don't want to ask a certain person all the time (r
u reading that, Matthias?). If that is really the information I need it
would make it much easier for me.

Thanx in advance and best greetings
Michael
6 answers Last reply
More about echoview starbase queue info
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    How are Michael!

    Saturday June 18 2005 20:57, you wrote to All:

    MH> hit it you get the "starbase" info. There is a little info called
    MH> "build order" with "Queue XX" (XX is any number) in brackets. Now
    MH> my
    MH> question is to what Queue that information refers to!? Is it the
    MH> normal building queue, meaning that if I have "queue 1" for
    MH> example I
    MH> will build the next ship in this game if no PBPs are used? And 49
    MH> would mean that 48 bases are building ships before I build mine.

    Yes you are right, it's this way.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hi,

    NOSPAM.promano@ya.com (Pablo Romano) wrote in news:1119130232
    @f432.n345.z2.fidonet.org:
    > MH> will build the next ship in this game if no PBPs are used? And 49
    > MH> would mean that 48 bases are building ships before I build mine.
    > Yes you are right, it's this way.

    It should also be said that this prediction can only be made in PHost
    Games. In PHost Games information about the positions of your ships in the
    building queue is availabe while in THost this information cannot be
    availabe, because of the way how the building queue in THost works. PHost
    has a FIFO method (first in first out) while THost has an id#-based method
    (e.g. the first ship is built on planet id#351, next ship on planet id#352
    and so on).

    cu Thomas
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Thomas Klebes <paradox78@gmx.net> wrote in message news:<Xns967B7FE42DFB6paradox78gmxnet@62.153.159.134>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > NOSPAM.promano@ya.com (Pablo Romano) wrote in news:1119130232
    > @f432.n345.z2.fidonet.org:
    > > MH> will build the next ship in this game if no PBPs are used? And 49
    > > MH> would mean that 48 bases are building ships before I build mine.
    > > Yes you are right, it's this way.
    >
    > It should also be said that this prediction can only be made in PHost
    > Games. In PHost Games information about the positions of your ships in the
    > building queue is availabe while in THost this information cannot be
    > availabe, because of the way how the building queue in THost works. PHost
    > has a FIFO method (first in first out) while THost has an id#-based method
    > (e.g. the first ship is built on planet id#351, next ship on planet id#352
    > and so on).

    That is not entirely correct, Thomas.

    Echoview could parse the messages for PBP- and Non-PBP-Builds and thus
    get to know the position of the queues. Then it could check the rst
    (and those of allies) and the data it stores itself for all known
    bases and give a estimate of the maximum/average/mininum number of
    bases that are inbetween the queues and the base in question.

    But, as I am not using EV, this is all guesswork and I usually know
    where the "free" builds queue is anyway.

    Matthias
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Thomas Klebes wrote:

    >> MH> will build the next ship in this game if no PBPs are used? And 49
    >> MH> would mean that 48 bases are building ships before I build mine.
    >> Yes you are right, it's this way.
    >It should also be said that this prediction can only be made in PHost
    >Games.
    I think EV tries to predict THost queue as well, and it works as relative.
    That is, it can know that base A builds before base B, and it knows that
    base C isn't going to build anytime soon. Usually íf the base has low queue
    number, it will build soon as long as new shipslots will open.
    --
    There are 11 type of people in the world.
    Those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who are.

    Hi Matthias,

    timwisseman@yahoo.com (Matthias Gietl) wrote in
    >> It should also be said that this prediction can only be made in PHost
    >> Games. In PHost Games information about the positions of your ships in
    >> the building queue is availabe while in THost this information cannot
    >> be availabe, because of the way how the building queue in THost works.
    >> PHost has a FIFO method (first in first out) while THost has an
    >> id#-based method (e.g. the first ship is built on planet id#351, next
    >> ship on planet id#352 and so on).
    > That is not entirely correct, Thomas.
    > Echoview could parse the messages for PBP- and Non-PBP-Builds and thus
    > get to know the position of the queues. Then it could check the rst
    > (and those of allies) and the data it stores itself for all known
    > bases and give a estimate of the maximum/average/mininum number of
    > bases that are inbetween the queues and the base in question.

    I admit that of course it is possible in THost to use as much information
    as possible to estimate the current position of the queue. I only meant
    Echoview will not be able to predict with a probability of 100% in all
    cases the queue position in THost.

    As i mostly play PHost i do not know if Echoview does such an estimation.

    > But, as I am not using EV, this is all guesswork and I usually know
    > where the "free" builds queue is anyway.

    Do you currently play VPL again, Matthias? If yes, on which hosting site?

    cu Thomas
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > > But, as I am not using EV, this is all guesswork and I usually know
    > > where the "free" builds queue is anyway.
    >
    > Do you currently play VPL again, Matthias? If yes, on which hosting site?

    I played (and hosted) two 1vs1 games against Larry McCarthy (after he
    challenged everyone in this newsgroup in March/April).

    In both games Larry gave up at turn 15 or 16 :).

    I will probably start playing on the net again in the near future -
    that is once I get my dsl connection going...

    For new games I usually look at rcworld first.

    Matthias

Build Video Games