No video output

yicub4ucme

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Fixing a Emachine T3882 for a friend. System was stagnet for 6 months. Hooked it up to the original E monitor that had a faulty on/off switch. Computer did run but if you tapped the desk it sat on the screen would say " no signal, check cables". Brought over Dell monitor and now I get nothing. I upgraded the PSU to 300W from 165W, changed the monitor cable. I put in a Diamond Multimedia PCI Stealth III S540 videocard and now I only get a screen that is light blue and has very light vertical lines going through it. If I do a CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+F and then arrow over three and down two I can shut the system down (this tells me the OS is up and running) using the XP shutdown format. I am sure the MOBO is still good and perhaps it is just the onboard graphic card that is faulty. I guess my question here is HOW DO I INSTALL THE GPU DRIVERS if I cant see my monitor? Also is this the correct voltage card to use on this MOBO? Please advise and thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

yicub4ucme

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
No, I tried that multiple times assuming the BIOS key is F2. It is still the F8 key for safe mode even on this emachine correct? I did have it going all the way through the xp os because I would here the start up music play but now that I have hit a few buttons not knowing where it was on the screen I am just not sure what is going on. There are not lights on the back to give an indication if there is an internal error going on and only a single beep when starting up. (both my Dells do the same at start up so assuming that is normal) Again, only a blank screen when using the PCI card and nothing at all from the monitor, not even a green light when using the onboard graphics. I think I have to load the driver for the PCI card for it to run. Correct? How can I do that? Can I put the HDD on another system and load the drivers that way?