Sign in with
Your question

GTX 580 Limited availability?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 16, 2010 3:51:07 PM

I was looking to buy a 580 (or 2) in the next few days, but was disappointed to find they are sold out on newegg. (at least all the decent brands) is this typical, and will these cards be limited in the next few weeks - month?
They are also sold out on evga.com
:cry: 
November 16, 2010 3:54:43 PM

Nubiatem said:
I was looking to buy a 580 (or 2) in the next few days, but was disappointed to find they are sold out on newegg. (at least all the decent brands) is this typical, and will these cards be limited in the next few weeks - month?
They are also sold out on evga.com
:cry: 

580 will hit local retainer before Thanksgiving I guess. yes looks like it is very high demands that's why neweggs charges $50 more.
m
l
November 16, 2010 4:13:40 PM

anyone have and idea when newegg might get more? They don't list an ETA so that is scary :pfff: 
m
l
Related resources
a c 388 Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 4:32:20 PM

I guess you don't like Galaxy, Zotac, Sparkle, or PNY? I saw that Best Buy has the PNY GTX580 for $499, and Best Buy is usually a lot more expensive than Newegg. Maybe that means prices are due to stabilize around $499 eventually.
m
l
November 16, 2010 4:35:02 PM

was really lookin for EVGA, ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE.
was tempted to order from amazon, but it says ships in 2-4 weeks sigh...
m
l
November 16, 2010 4:35:35 PM

good thing i bought mine EVGA last week and currently using it amazing card:)  hmmm if they have Zotac i would get that one, u can trust Zotac, idk about Galaxy or Sparkle
m
l
November 16, 2010 4:46:58 PM

looks like the ASUS card is ETA 11-23 I guess i'll settle for that then. EVGA needs to make more cards!
m
l
a c 388 Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 4:50:23 PM

Nubiatem said:
was really lookin for EVGA, ASUS, MSI, GIGABYTE.

Those are good brands. The Asus for $499 with a slight factory overclock was looking good if it wasn't sold out. Since they are all reference models, I wonder if chip binning is the key to "quality". Have you checked other sites?
m
l
November 16, 2010 5:08:28 PM

checked best buy and Amazon, but nobody has those brands...i have little experience with any of the others, and tend not to trust them.
m
l
a c 388 Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 5:09:45 PM

I saw EVGA at pricegrabber.com, including one of the overclocked ones. You need to search for "GTX 580" in Computers.
m
l
a c 87 Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 5:35:40 PM

The GTX460 was the same. I waited about 3 weeks after release to finally get the one I wanted.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 5:50:08 PM

There is a evga 580 sc for 529.99 , 10 dollars over the regular model.
Just put a alert on the exact model you want, for your email.
Probably within a day, you will get a alert.
IMO, there is not limited availability.
Sparkle has limited lifetime warranty.

You can buy right from EVGA site , as well.
m
l
November 16, 2010 6:39:21 PM

notty22 said:
There is a evga 580 sc for 529.99 , 10 dollars over the regular model.
Just put a alert on the exact model you want, for your email.
Probably within a day, you will get a alert.
IMO, there is not limited availability.
Sparkle has limited lifetime warranty.

You can buy right from EVGA site , as well.

I have been known to be blind before, but I could not find a spot to buy the card from evga.com

I do have auto-notify on i'll be very happy if i get the alert as soon as a day.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 7:34:12 PM

Nubiatem said:
I have been known to be blind before, but I could not find a spot to buy the card from evga.com

I do have auto-notify on i'll be very happy if i get the alert as soon as a day.

I went and looked also, they are on auto-notify right now.
Do you live near a microcenter or Fry's ?
I know people have gone and bought 3 at once from Microcenter, so they are in stock also at brick and mortar, in America.
m
l
November 16, 2010 7:49:25 PM

notty22 said:
I went and looked also, they are on auto-notify right now.
Do you live near a microcenter or Fry's ?
I know people have gone and bought 3 at once from Microcenter, so they are in stock also at brick and mortar, in America.

closest microcenter is quite a ways away, and frys is not around at all. I'm tempted to just order from fry's, just nervous because i have had first hand experience with neweggs return policy (good experience), I have never ordered from frys before.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 8:04:08 PM

I wish that XFX was still doing Nvidia stuff, I liked their customer service and even got to RMA my 780i when it came up doa. Just wait and be paitant just for a little bit and keep searching. The early bird gets the worm and some times one can get very lucky when they search for the right opportunity.
m
l
a c 388 Î Nvidia
November 16, 2010 8:56:33 PM

Nubiatem said:
closest microcenter is quite a ways away, and frys is not around at all. I'm tempted to just order from fry's, just nervous because i have had first hand experience with neweggs return policy (good experience), I have never ordered from frys before.

The in-store RMA at Fry's is pretty much "no questions asked". Not sure about the on-line.
m
l
November 17, 2010 12:32:46 PM

Was able to buy an EVGA 580 last night off of newegg...idk if they are having issues but all my alerts came in at once for the evga and asus cards.
Thanks all!
m
l
!