Ram Compatability Question.

d4rkka0s

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Solution
If it runs then the voltage, clock rate, and timings are automatically in sync. You should run a heavy benchmark to test for stability. Try running PCmark and/or Sandra. If you don't BSOD or have some sort of error/crash then you should be fine.
You might get them running together but I'm skeptical. There is a speed conflict, a voltage conflict, and possibly a timing conflict.

You would be better off selling one or both kits and (if you sell one kit) run the left over kit (if you sell both kits) buy a new 8GB kit.

Memory can be the most fickle component and mix-matching kits is likely to work with seemingly identical kits, but with very different kits like yours there is probably no way it will work.

You can try them together but don't get your hopes up.

d4rkka0s

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I just tried running it together and my computer is detecting 12 GB of RAM. But once again, I am afraid of crashes due to speed, timing conflicts or voltage issues? How do I know if all my ram is in sync with regards to speed, timing conflicts or voltage?

d4rkka0s

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
I decided to run memtest for 5 hrs and went through 4 passes. I am going to assume everything is okay thus far since crashes and errors arent popping up left and right. But I guess I will run memtest in the future for 12+ hrs just to make sure. Thanks for the replies everybody!

TRENDING THREADS