8800 Ultra Dead?

I started having issues with my computer when I booted SC2 yesterday. It shutdown, and gave me some message about my graphics drivers recovering. I then installed the new drivers (which I hadn't done in awhile).

This did nothing, and my issues further progressed.

I am now seeing artifacts (blue lines and dots) when I boot up games (and even when I start up my computer), and being sent to the blue screen of death stating something went wrong with my drivers. It will also flash back and forth from a black screen.

Does this sound like my graphics card is dead? Or could it be something else? I have a 850w power supply, and have never had any issues with it.

Motherboard: Nvidia 750 SLI FTW
Memory: 4GB Corsair DDR2
2 answers Last reply
More about 8800 ultra dead
  1. SC2 if you didnt do the manual patch will fry ur video card when in menus the framerate is not limited and so its constantly re-rendering the menus which causes basically a 100% gpu load and will fry it if you arent careful. Google starcraft 2 heat patch
  2. BTW if its artifacting on you would be good to turn down ur settings if you have it overclocked and let it run for a day without hard work and try tomorrow
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Computer Graphics