Whats next for Blizzard

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
So now that the Diablo series has ended, Warcraft 3 is coming out in the near future (which means anywhere from 6 months to another 2 years :wink: ), and the Starcraft universe seems to be phased out, what will come of Blizzard? Do you think they will be able to come up with another addictive game universe or do you think they will just fade into the gamer hall of fame? They have a long history of very good games (with the obvious exception of hellfire of course), but I dont know if they will be able to pull it off again. Id hate to see Blizzard go, but I think thats the route theyre on as of now.

eh, i'll procrastinate later...

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
no more diablo??? They have to keep making more Diablo's.... that's the whole reason I blew 1300 on this friggin heat box.

<b>"These are my thoughts, your mileage may vary."

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you bought a new system to play diablo? man what were you smokin. and anyways, the story line if done, over with, finished, complete. i really dont see how they could put out another one.

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
you never can quite tell whos kidding and whos serious. ive met some people pn this forum that would do something like that...

G

No more Diablo? I would not be so quick to say that. If you truly followed the story of Act 5 and the Epilogue, you will discover that there is much more room for a 3rd sequel. The worldstone... pretty unexplained and mysterious thing eh? It was destroyed. Now if you recall, the destruction of the worldstone has consequences that are unforeseen. It meant that the whole entire world could change as a result, thus leaving much room for a sequel. They may not title it Diablo 3, for Diablo may be gone, but I do believe a game that will improve upon Diablo 2 will be released with a new storyline based upon the destruction of the worldstone and the new struggles that result. You should have noticed how open ended the last Act left the game. I am a huge loser. Just wanted to let you all know that.