help with printer sharing

G

Hi everyone, once again I need your help. I finally managed to network two computers and share a cable connection. Now I need your help to share my epson(stylus pro) printer.
I have it hooked up to computer a. When I try to print using computer b, I get an error message which says out of paper. Its obviously not out of paper. I installed the same drivers on both computers. I enabled printer and file sharing on both computers. There is an icon of a blue hand holding the printer. I don't know what else to do? Anybody have any ideas?

COMPUTER A
AMD 1 gig tbird
abit kt7a-raid motherboard
256 mHz pc133 ram
plexwriter 12/10/32a
pioneer dvd
soundblaster x-gamer
ati radeon 64ddr vivo
win98 se

Computer B
Intel p233mHz MMX
Intel 430 TX motherboard
128 SDRAM
cd-rom
sound blaster 16
matrox millenium 2 mb
diamond monster II 8MB
win98 se

P.S. Thanks for all of your help past and present, it is much appreciated.

hammerhead

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
How did you install the printer driver on computer b? If you used the driver disk, it will more than likely assume the printer is on LPT1. I seem to recall that some Epson drivers show an 'out of paper' message when there is no communication.

The best way is to click Start>Settings>Printers then launch the 'Add Printer' wizard.

During the process you can select 'network printer' then browse to its location.

The wizard should then grab all the files it needs from the other machine (you don't need the driver disk).

Installing this way ensures the network settings are correct.