A better case or a better graphics card for my build?

Einholt

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
So as the title says the Xigmatek Asgard or a Coolermaster 690 II Advanced or a better g-card?

Basically I am making a budget build for playing WoW, CSS, SC2 and league of legends, the Xigmatek Asgard has the features I want but the CM 690 II advanced just looks...gorgeous, mainly the difference here is I can either afford the nice Case *OR* a better graphics card, like a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1024MB:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=42170

How would my system (with the 768 mb and 1024 mb g-cards respectively) stand up to top and upcoming titles like Black Ops, crysis 2 etc, ie is it worth putting a 1 gb g-card in an OCed i3 machine as is my CPU going to bottleneck the card?

The reason why I am asking these questions mainly is because I have an xbox 360 so if the performance of these top titles was not going to be very good I would just get those games for my 360 and get the cheaper g-card.

So what do you guys think and most importantly why?

Here is my build at the moment:

Gladiator Core i3 540 Pre-Built Overclocked Bundle
• Intel® Core™ i3-540 Overclocked @ 4.20GHz - Dual Core CPU
• 4GB Mushkin Silverline 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
• MSI H55M-ED55 Micro-ATX Motherboard
• Coolermaster Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
• Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
• Pre-Assembled & Tested
• 1 Years Warranty

Xigmatek Asgard Black Edition+1 extra rear fan

Corsair TX Series 650W ATX2.2 SLI/Crossfire Compliant Power Supply

1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 768MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Operating system:Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OEM

Thanks

Einholt

Hastibe

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
Personally, I'd always go for the part that will increase performance--a cool case will be nice and admired by you and friends for like a month or two, but a better computer component will make you happier forever (or at least until you have to upgrade again).

TRENDING THREADS