A better case or a better graphics card for my build?

So as the title says the Xigmatek Asgard or a Coolermaster 690 II Advanced or a better g-card?

Basically I am making a budget build for playing WoW, CSS, SC2 and league of legends, the Xigmatek Asgard has the features I want but the CM 690 II advanced just looks...gorgeous, mainly the difference here is I can either afford the nice Case *OR* a better graphics card, like a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1024MB:

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...roductId=42170

How would my system (with the 768 mb and 1024 mb g-cards respectively) stand up to top and upcoming titles like Black Ops, crysis 2 etc, ie is it worth putting a 1 gb g-card in an OCed i3 machine as is my CPU going to bottleneck the card?

The reason why I am asking these questions mainly is because I have an xbox 360 so if the performance of these top titles was not going to be very good I would just get those games for my 360 and get the cheaper g-card.

So what do you guys think and most importantly why?

Here is my build at the moment:

Gladiator Core i3 540 Pre-Built Overclocked Bundle
• Intel® Core™ i3-540 Overclocked @ 4.20GHz - Dual Core CPU
• 4GB Mushkin Silverline 1333MHz 9-9-9-24
• MSI H55M-ED55 Micro-ATX Motherboard
• Coolermaster Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
• Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Compound
• Pre-Assembled & Tested
• 1 Years Warranty

Xigmatek Asgard Black Edition+1 extra rear fan

Corsair TX Series 650W ATX2.2 SLI/Crossfire Compliant Power Supply

1TB Samsung HD103SJ SpinPoint F3 SATA-II 3.5" Hard Drive

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 768MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Operating system:Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit OEM

Thanks

Einholt
2 answers Last reply
More about case graphics card build
  1. Personally, I'd always go for the part that will increase performance--a cool case will be nice and admired by you and friends for like a month or two, but a better computer component will make you happier forever (or at least until you have to upgrade again).
  2. Performance before looks, you will be watching the monitor and counting fps not watching the case!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems