Looking for a fitting graphic card

Shadowsuke

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
Hello, i post here to ask the expert community what is the most "fitting" graphic driver for my pc, so i could run online games such as AION, lineage2 or Sword 2 without PC lag issues, which right now makes it impossible even for me to play the game at an acceptable "level".
I was interested in the Nvidia drivers as the one i currently have is also nvidia, and i wasnt quite sure if that would influence in anyway changing to ATI or another so i just kept looking for the most fitting geforce card for my PC.

My PC specs are :

Intel(R) pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.40 GHz
Clock 200mhz

MotherBoard: P5P800-SE
-total memory: 1GB DIMM DDR
-model Asus 82865G/PE/P, 82848P DRAM controller
-front side bus speed: 4x 200MHz
-memory bus speed: 2x 200MHz
-bus(es): ISA X-bus AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus
Power supply: 230 watts

Currently used graphic driver: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
-memory: 256 MB DDR
-type: AGP

I have looked at some graphic cards such as the GeForce 9800 gt, GT 220 or GeForce 8800 Ultra mainly but then i see some cons like dual slot(not even sure whats that about) or that requires more power supply or that is not compatible with my motherboard cause it its not compatible with PCI or express or somthing like that( im not sure about this one at all), etc..

Like i said i look for a graphic card that not only fits with my PC conditions but also makes the games run a lot smoother and the PC as well, since i have to always put them on low quality to have a more tolerante gameplay. (even changed from 32bit to 16 colours to have less "stress" on my PC).

I apologize if such topic was posted before but i couldnt find as specific as this and whenever i would decide which card to get, some CON would come up(or thats what i thought).