Help with no cpu options in phoneix bios version R01-B0

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
got a post going on about cpu only showing as 1000mhz. guy told to run cpu-z on side and run some sorta program to and then watch cpu-z and it should go up to 2.8. i ran furmark burn in test 1280x720 windowed and it stayed at 1000 in cpu-z for 30 seconds. same guy i believe said the multiplier was only set at 5 times in bios 5x200 fsb=1000 should be set at 14 for 2800mhz. well in my version of bios i dont have an option for cpu fsb multipliers or ram timings anybody tell me why or help with this or last post thanks fellas. and ladys

You may be able to disable the energy saving software in the bios. For Intel it's usually labeled EIST; for amd it's called Cool and Quiet. Normally, the cpu speed increases automatically when under load, so I would leave the settings alone. The lower speed is only at idle.

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
no seriously i ran prime 95 for 5 minutes and the core and multiplier on cpu-z page never moved maybe give or .2 so 1000.2 at most i dont get it something is turned on or off in that bios (phoenix version R01-B0) and it seems nobody knows what it is or about that bios

first there is not going to be any FSB/Multi settings in a OEM bios period!

they dont do it for liability reasons

check your temps!!!

common reason for slowdown is hot temps

use Coretemp - 5 minute download and install!

also look for this program
ePower_DMC.exe = Acer ePower Management
looks like some acers come with a crappy power management program
if you have original windows from factory check to see if you have this program
installed
it could be set to low power setting

We like to help on Toms and if the advice makes sense then
follow it

there are a bunch of us who get PAID to do this
if you ignore us
we dont have to help

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
i got it king i figured it out after all this time. went to my power options in windows went to processor went to maximum performance clicked apply rebooted. cpu-z now states 2800mhz with a 14x multiplier

AWESOME
I am truly glad it worked out

I am sorry if I was a bit rude
but I was arguing with my wife at the time I was writing that post
and the temper leaked out a little

BTW I am a big fan of Modding OEM equipment

I get towers off lease from businesses very cheap so I hack the
heck out of Dells usually

I was on Acer support by the way and their support site
is lacking

TRENDING THREADS