If using wireless, try connecting the computer to router by ethernet cable. If the problem goes away, it's a wireless reception or interference issue.
Possible remedies to wireless problems:
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.