asus p8z68-v pro dram lights on

musicalg

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
Hi everybody, thank you for a great site.
Hopefully someone can help me, if you have the time it would be very appreciated.
I have just bought about £1200 worth of stuff from ebuyer, including
asus p8z68-v pro
i5 2500k
corsair ssd
cm storm case + 700w coolermaster (bundle) psu was pre-ftted
and an 8gig kit of ripsaw 12800 1.5v (1600) ram
this is my 1st build, i put in the cpu, and then the motherboard etc (on the riser screws etc)
basically to get to the point. It wont post,i have took it to a friend who has built quite a few pcs, and we did some trouble shooting, the mobo error shows up on the dram led which stays on. we had the matched pair in the correct slots, pressed the dram led it went through a process and remained on. We have tried it with one ram module, (in the correct slot as recommended) pressed the dram button, nothing. we tried it outside the case to check for shorts, even tried other memory that we know to be working,
my friend thinks its the motherboard faulty, as we also couldn't power the usb keyboard. He took the battery out etc and anything else that wasnt needed. So it was a bare bones test.Any help would be greatfully received, i think i will do an rma to ebuyer on the motherboard and hope its not the cpu, we have checked with a magnifying glass for bent pins etc, but couldnt see any malfunction.
Thanks for reading this :D

musicalg

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2011
oh yeh we put the battery back in of course :D my friend also checked the voltages to the power connector from the psu and all the parts were receiving the correct amount. etc