Motherboard: Asus M4N68T-M
Memory: 4GB DDR3 1333mhz (2x 2GB)
Hard Drives: 500GB S-ATAII 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drive: 22x DVD±RW DL S-ATA
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Sound card: Onboard 7.1 Audio
Case: Piano Black ATX
PSU: 500W PSU

I got the computer plugged it in, whent black after windows logo. Booted in safe mode fine however.
After checking drivers and getting no result. Re-installed my OS and it booted fine w/o any drivers.
Installed a variety of driver versions with no sucess at passing the windows logo and a lot of time while trying to install some driver or Catalyst (?) versions, id get a "cannot locate detection driver" based error.

Comp was brand new assembled for me, any ideas?
November 24, 2010 7:46:27 PM

i had the same problem that i could not get past the windows logo and could boot into the safe mode.
My problem was with incorrect insertion into the slot.You simply need to insert the gpu in the slot and you can see that the card will hang
a little bit from the slot.When i tried to use a screw to correct the position the problem arises.
If you want to work then simply leave the card untightened by screw at the cabinet.
This could help.
Also if you can't get to boot in correctly then check the power connecter.
Use molex to 6 pin power converter if you got one with the graphics card than the default 6 pin connector from the psu.

Now try to boot in.In case you can't boot in normally use the advanced boot option with graphics option 640 x480 resolution.
Uninstall all drivers.Try fresh ones.

i do not think your OS is any problem.
Any more problems that can arise later would be the driver,so use only the default drivers you got with the manufacturer.
!