X6 Prices After Bulldozer?

Haris00911

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Hey everyone,

If you have not heard AMD's newest line of processors is(are?) coming out code named "Bulldozer" and I had a quick question on the current processors. Once the new ones come out, how far will the price fall for the X6? X4? Is it worth the wait to get an X6 or should I just get one now because the price drop will be 10 dollars. Also, would it be better for me to get an X6 at a 140-180 range right now or get a dual/quad in the new series.

Thanks in advance,
Haris

Solution
It's impossible to tell what might happen due to nobody knowing how Bulldozer will perform. Most likely they will drop slightly, but, like intel's, they probably won't drop much if they still perform decently.

The rumors I have heard say that Bulldozer will be coming out at the end of June, and directly from AMD they said Q2; that'll be the latest it comes out anyway. If you can't wait for a new system, you could get a socket AM3+ mobo(you need to make sure it is AM3+ or you can't upgrade to BD) with a Phenom II X4 for cheap then upgrade to a Bulldozer processor when they're released.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
It's impossible to tell what might happen due to nobody knowing how Bulldozer will perform. Most likely they will drop slightly, but, like intel's, they probably won't drop much if they still perform decently.

The rumors I have heard say that Bulldozer will be coming out at the end of June, and directly from AMD they said Q2; that'll be the latest it comes out anyway. If you can't wait for a new system, you could get a socket AM3+ mobo(you need to make sure it is AM3+ or you can't upgrade to BD) with a Phenom II X4 for cheap then upgrade to a Bulldozer processor when they're released.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS