Best Memory Combination

Hello,
I already purchased INTEL Core i7 2600k and ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO please suggest me best 16 GB of memory for this combination.

Thanks
13 answers Last reply
More about best memory combination
  1. for best combination +performance get g.skil ripjawsx ddr3 1600 2x8gb
  2. The Corsair Vengeance would be my budget choice over GSkills or anything else, tho I'd only use 8GB in a gaming box. If video editing, CAD, database work, Id grab the Mushkins. Anything that benefits from 16GB will also benefit from faster modules. Make sure to avoid anything with tall toothy heat sinks

    $77 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233198
    $79 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226272

    CAS 7's have shot up recently to $180
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226283

    $140 DDR3-1866
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226276
  3. xtreme5 said:
    for best combination +performance get g.skil ripjawsx ddr3 1600 2x8gb


    Thanks for reply ! but, INTEL Core i7 2600k only supports up to 1333 Mhz
  4. JackNaylorPE said:
    The Corsair Vengeance would be my budget choice over GSkills or anything else, tho I'd only use 8GB in a gaming box. If video editing, CAD, database work, Id grab the Mushkins. Anything that benefits from 16GB will also benefit from faster modules. Make sure to avoid anything with tall toothy heat sinks

    $77 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233198
    $79 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226272

    CAS 7's have shot up recently to $180
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226283

    $140 DDR3-1866
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226276


    Thanks ! for suggesting four models but all are more than 1333 Mhz
  5. deawara said:
    Thanks for reply ! but, INTEL Core i7 2600k only supports up to 1333 Mhz

    haha! no my friend it just show the sign of DDR3 that fully supported by intel 2nd gen processors even you should be fine with 2133mhz overclock so 1600mhz works perfectly.

    i'm using 2500k with ddr3 1600mhz work fine don't worry about that!
  6. xtreme5 said:
    haha! no my friend it just show the sign of DDR3 that fully supported by intel 2nd gen processors even you should be fine with 2133mhz overclock so 1600mhz works perfectly.

    i'm using 2500k with ddr3 1600mhz work fine don't worry about that!


    Please see this link

    http://ark.intel.com/products/52214?wapkw=2600k
  7. ohhh! my friend trust me they did not listed complete frequencies of DDR3 1333mhz are just standard therefore they mention 1333mhz you can use 1600mhz with dual core cpu well.1333mhz is just officially supported speed you can use much faster ram like 1866mhz,2000mhz or even 2133mhz so why not the 1600mhz.
  8. xtreme5 said:
    ohhh! my friend trust me they did not listed complete frequencies of DDR3 1333mhz are just standard therefore they mention 1333mhz you can use 1600mhz with dual core cpu well.1333mhz is just officially supported speed you can use much faster ram like 1866mhz,2000mhz or even 2133mhz so why not the 1600mhz.


    OK Extreme5 ! I will trust you & go for 1600 mhz

    hope it work fine
  9. if u use more than 1333 no doubt your machine will work

    BUT

    it's reduce life of components
  10. mak9 said:
    if u use more than 1333 no doubt your machine will work

    BUT

    it's reduce life of components

    really! who told you this or i think this is your own law lol! :lol: :lol:
  11. xtreme5 said:
    really! who told you this or i think this is your own law lol! :lol: :lol:


    read this

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006040705896

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overclocking
  12. mak9 said:

    huh! you have very bad knowledge in computing first look at the OP question what does he say it's best memory combination not overclocking at all and you mention those links about in overclocking and also that is not true if it reduce life of any component then tell me why all the people using overclocking and fastest ram's because they have a great experience so that's why they did.

    sandy bridge cpu's especially K series they are particularly design for overclocking so how do you says it can reduce life of component you are completely wrong! :??:
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Intel i7 Intel Memory Motherboards Product