Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

1080p tv to be used as monitor ($600 budget)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 17, 2010 7:27:39 AM

Want to buy a 37-46 inch tv to be used as a monitor for my pc 85% of the time, and a theatre system the other 15%. Will be hooked up to an overclocked 5770 at the moment but in a few months, will be hooked to sli gtx 470s / 560s/ 570s. Dont mind going plasma because they say they have gotten much better over the years especially with panasonics. Anyways Resolution Requirement is 1080p, and refresh rate needs to be 120 hz. Trying to stay away from third tier brands as I want a tv that will last me at least 5 years with no hickups while not under warranty. Brands looking at are Panasonic, LG, Samsung, and Sony, Very possibly a Vizio but have heard many horror stories about them so very reluctant. Any other options feel free to let me know. I live in the 91335 zip code if anyone decides to search what deals they could find. Thanks a bunch.
a b U Graphics card
November 17, 2010 4:50:31 PM

Just before you go and make that investment you should consider the heat issue (they run quite hot) and the burn in issue. Even though burn in is not the issue it was a couple of years ago if anything is going to cause burn in it will be using a Plasma as a PC Screen. They are not immune to it if faced with presenting the same image over a long period of time.
!