D-Sub Analog port

Lian

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
Hi, I have a HP w2007v 20" monitor. It only has a D-Sub Analog port (VGA port) and no DVI or HDMI. Im very soon going to upgrade my graphics card from a Nvidia GTS250 to a ATI 6870.

Only question i have is will it have an impact on the card performance? or is is purely the quality of the image that will be effected?

Ty
Lian

Sorry if this is the wrong sub-category, i could not find a Monitor section.

Lian

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

I know that, that's not the question. Image quality, brightness, performance, and so on

Lian

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010

Loosing performance is lower FPS in games / lower bench scores / smaller overclocking gains.
Loosing image quality effects brightness, HD video, 2D/3D windows applications, graphics designing (i assume).

Either way I'm hoping to get a new Sumsung 24" early in the new year so i guess ill find out for myself what the diff is...

Your image quality should be the same as it is with the current card(since you are already running analog). There should be no performance difference(the card will run as normal, just convert the image to analog on card).

I currently have a system connected analog(Digital is taken by another computer) to a 5770 with no performance issues. The image is just to say slightly more blurry, but that is to be expected.

Lian

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2010
ah ok cool tyvm just wanted to make sure ill still be getting the full performance increase from my new card.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Analog only suffers image loss at very very high resolutions or with really long or cheap cables. I've run them both side by side on identical monitors at 1080p in cloned mode watching a blu-ray rip, and there is no noticable difference.

TRENDING THREADS