Power Button not Working

Icekommander

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
Greetings folks:

I just built my first computer over the weekend, and it works fine, with the exception of the power button. I can manually boot the computer with the motherboard, but the power button doesn't work.

Relevant specs:

Case: Antec 300 Illusion
Motherboard: ASrock 870 extreme3

When I boot using the motherboard, it appears to be working perfectly, single beep after booting it, all the fans are running, ect. Even my front panel LEDs properly turn on. I've tried all the ways I could possibly concieve my power connector to go in (horizontal, vertical, upside down), but it won't boot.

Thoughts? Opinions?

cmichael138

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Looks like your MB has 2 rows. I think the power cable on the Anrec case is labeled
something like PWSW and should be connected in the top row, just to the right of the 3 pin PLED connector.

If you tried that and it doesn't work, there may be a faulty connection at the power button on the case. Good luck

rhartzell88

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
I recently had built a PC with Antec 300 illusion, and the reset and the power switch were labled incorrectly. Swapped pwr/reset and worked fine.

rhartzell88

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2010
Glad to hear your found the problem. This was an incredibly stressful situation for me. I was absolutely clueless until I decided to try and manually boot. Was my first build and itw asnt even for myself at that.

No wonder the Antec 300 Illusion was on sale at newegg lol

cmekonnen

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011

chal:
please change the position of the motherboard jumper &try to open the pc
if not analayze the meaning of the beep code sound form the manufucturer manual gudie book

enphyniti

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014

I made an account here to thank you. That was exactly my issue. I was bumming pretty hard about having to deal with an exchange and was thrilled when I found that I had the exact same issue.

Thanks again!