Sign in with
Your question

Plz suggest a good motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
December 18, 2011 6:08:58 AM

this is the config of my pc:

Corsair3 4gbDDR3 1333Mhz ram, AMD PHENOM II X2 555 3.2 Ghz Dual Core,
Radeon HD 6950 2GB DDR5 Graphics card, Cooler Master 600watt psu.

since i wanted a gaming computer so i have bought these parts but cant decide on the motherboard, as, initially i decided on buying asus motherboard but later changed plan, as i am hearing a lot of complaints about asus mobo.
so plz suggest me a good motherboard.
also do you think that my processor is good enough for gaming purpose? plus, is there any compatibility issue between my processor and the graphics card?
a b U Graphics card
December 18, 2011 7:49:34 AM

First, I think you should pick a better CPU. Cause that CPU will bottleneck that monster, 6950. Phenom II X4 965 atleast. For motherboard, I let the others do.
m
l
December 20, 2011 12:26:34 PM

thanksfor theinformation.
in addition to this plz, also suggest 2/3 more processors that are more compatible with this kind of graphics card.
m
l
Related resources
December 20, 2011 12:27:35 PM

also if i upgrade my processor do i also need to upgrade my psu?
m
l
December 20, 2011 7:40:00 PM

Nekhtanebo said:
this is the config of my pc:

Corsair3 4gbDDR3 1333Mhz ram, AMD PHENOM II X2 555 3.2 Ghz Dual Core,
Radeon HD 6950 2GB DDR5 Graphics card, Cooler Master 600watt psu.

since i wanted a gaming computer so i have bought these parts but cant decide on the motherboard, as, initially i decided on buying asus motherboard but later changed plan, as i am hearing a lot of complaints about asus mobo.
so plz suggest me a good motherboard.
also do you think that my processor is good enough for gaming purpose? plus, is there any compatibility issue between my processor and the graphics card?

Just off the top of my head...

I would also affirm the following comment regarding bottle-necking due to the Phenom.

I believe the Sabertooth and crosshair V take the phenon, and that those models are made by manufacturers other than ASUS, but I am not sure what other system requirements you have in terms of expandability.

I would suggest upgrading to an i5 or i7 and then look at the gigabyte boards UD3 to UD5.

Sounds like we are having similar problems as I previously decided on an ASUS deluxe Gen 3 and then heard about ASUS RMA and mobo problems so.... I am currently in the same funk.

Everything I am seeing thus far in reply to my thread "best and worst motherboards," is pointing to ASUS or Gigabyte, however; I am also seeing comments on this forum regarding ASUS mobo problems.

Not to suggest you buy it but... I use New Egg to check specs. You can search by manufacturer, socket type, and cpu.

I know Intel makes a Sabertooth board but its kinda pricey.

Spoke myself into a couple circles on this one, I hoped it helped at least a little.

m
l
December 27, 2011 12:28:50 PM

so i have finally decided to go for i5 2500k for my processor.
now for the mobo plz suggest one for me then, somewhere here i read that with i5 2500k a z68 mobo would be a good choice. do you think i would gofor this mobo orgo for UD5?
m
l
February 3, 2012 10:58:53 AM

thanks guys for your invaluable tips and suggestions. this has helped me a lot to decide whats best to buy.

thanks again
m
l
!