Where do i connect my fans? help

I got a ;

ASUS P8Z68-V-PRO motherboard..

Zalman z9+ Case with 7 fans

Cooler Master 1000W 80+ Gold

Where do i connect them? D:
7 answers Last reply
More about where connect fans help
  1. Well, you can connect 4 of those fans onto the Mobo's 2 PWR_FAN & 2 CHA_FAN headers. The three others could be connected to the PSU using a Molex converter or by getting a Fan Controller Bay and connecting them to it.
    I think that case is already equipped with a fan controller.... well you can connect 2 More of those fans on that controller
    So out of 7 Fans 6 can be connected, you can also Connect 1 fan to the CPU_OPT Fan connector if you are not using it for any other thing.
    SO that makes all 7 fans, with 7 connections in that case with that mobo.
  2. alyoshka said:
    Well, you can connect 4 of those fans onto the Mobo's 2 PWR_FAN & 2 CHA_FAN headers. The three others could be connected to the PSU using a Molex converter or by getting a Fan Controller Bay and connecting them to it.
    I think that case is already equipped with a fan controller.... well you can connect 2 More of those fans on that controller
    So out of 7 Fans 6 can be connected, you can also Connect 1 fan to the CPU_OPT Fan connector if you are not using it for any other thing.
    SO that makes all 7 fans, with 7 connections in that case with that mobo.

I see thanks!

I connected my 2 top fans in the PWR FAN

Is it not going to cause any harm? ... reply pls...

What are the difference between PWR_FAN and CHA_FAN???
  3. No difference only the max capacities of the fans that can be attached to those headers differs. Some can be controlled and some cannot, speedwise.
  4. How about my PSU Fan? it seems not moving? D:

and i can't find it lol :C

If i find it where can i connect them D:
  5. The PSU? Power Supply Unit? That would ave a fan inside it unless it's one of those passively cooled new tech things, but, if it does have a fan inside then it is connected to the PCB on the inside of the PSU, you don't need to be connecting it anywhere by yourself.

And the CPU fans/fans go onto the 2 CPU_PWR fan headers on the Mobo.
  6. alyoshka said:
    The PSU? Power Supply Unit? That would ave a fan inside it unless it's one of those passively cooled new tech things, but, if it does have a fan inside then it is connected to the PCB on the inside of the PSU, you don't need to be connecting it anywhere by yourself.

And the CPU fans/fans go onto the 2 CPU_PWR fan headers on the Mobo.

ありがとう ` Thanks ^^

:bounce:

Thanks for everything ^^

I've finally used all of my fans ^^ 7 fans all XD

This won't cause any harm yeah?? if that's the case super thanks again! :)
  7. あなたは歓迎されている
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Cooler Master Connection Motherboards