Memory upgrade advice

monsta

Splendid
Hey guys need to upgrade the memory on my Asus Striker II Extreme board. Two sticks are dead which has left me with the option of replacing the rest with a brand new set.

I'm currently using OCZ OCZ3G2000LV4GK PC3-16000 memory and i have found them to be unreliable and unstable, I have never achieved 2000Mhz ever with this memory.

My problem is , will the Asus Striker II Extreme work with the latest memory such as the Corsair Vengeance etc as they state they are optimised for the new generation?

Do I need to find older memory for my board for it to be compatible?

Would you have any recomendations?

Striker 11 Extreme ! Wow do you actually have one of those boards , and it works! I had gotten one of those when they first came out and could never get it to work and even the RMA board didn't work and it is still sitting on a shelf in my basement. I think I even still have the ram kits for it and it is actually some OCZ ram , but not the same you have and your welcome to it if you want to see if you can use it.
It is OCZ3P1600EB4GK , 2GB , 7-7-6 1.8V , PC3 12800 Platinum Edition. There are four sticks for a total of 8gb.

monsta

Splendid
Forgot about this thread sorry guys.
Yeah still have my Striker II Extreme , guess I've held onto it for awhile and been too stuborn to upgrade , keep saying next chipset I'll do it and it never happens , but will def upgrade in April to Ivy.
It's been a problematic mobo I must say, but with lots of patience and tweaking I finally got mine to work stable.
Inzone , I'd love to grab that memory off you and appreciate your offer , but I live in Australia.