No boot after bios upgrade

rdf123

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011
Hi all,

I have an ASUS M2NPV-VM with a AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 cpu. I went to upgrade the bios last night using the windows based bios upgrade. I saved my backup .bin file and loaded the 5005 bios that was recommended by the ASUS site. Normally I am of the school that if "it ain't broke don't fix it" but I purchased a new 3TB hard drive and the tech at TigerDirect said I needed to update my BIOS and it would recognize it. After I did the update it said it was successful and I should reboot. I said yes and it restarted but it doesn't give the beep at the start and just sits there. There is no POST happening at all. Is there any way of getting it back? Thanks

tonyleb

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011

I do have the same problem and need help

rdf123

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2011

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have already taken the battery out and left it unplugged for about 3 minutes......does it really need an hour for a reset?

thanks

Max73

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2012

You rock! That solved it! Thanks a bunch!

Dichotomi

Honorable
Jul 13, 2012
I had/have the same problem with my MSI board and now I get the BSoD (with a hardware error) every time I log into a video game as well as I have to unplug any USB device I have plugged in and use a PS/2 keyboard to get through the windows log in.
I agree never use windows to update the bios, or if you have an MSI board don't use Live Update either.
I am currently waiting for MSI to send me a replacement board.