my system i have

acer aspire x1200 slim tower
with
mobo wmcp78m 20 pin main 4 pin onboard
cpu am2 amd athlon 64 x2 5000+
gpu ati redeon hd 5450
psu 220w
3gbs ram 800mhz

i am going to get another and psu about a 500w what im asking is what is the best stuff i can upgrade my system to get better fps in bfbc2 currintly getting 50fps on all low deatal low res
i wont to get atleast 50 on high detail and res 1600x900

ty

Solution
I don't think alot of people would know or have anwsers for your questions, acer is not well known to system builders which this site I belive mostly focus's on, you don't see acer motherboards floating around on sites for sale, I can't see there being a limit to your psu, but it's an am2 motherboard I belive with 1 pci-e slot, if you want to upgrade it you are gonna have to write to acer give them your motherboard modle number and ask them what the best cpu you can put in there, since it's a mini tower *my sister had one* upgrading your psu is gonna be tricky, they use a short modle psu to fit in there and you can't find many of em with higher watts then 300, you could try putting the psu outside the case but you will have to ground it...

kevmachine

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
WOW! your getting 50 fps, id only get around 20-25 in bfbc2 I had the same video card :(, as for upgrades' I don't know much about acer, other that they are near the lower end for quality and performance, if you wanted to get more fps, a better video card would help, im not sure which video card thou, maybe a radeon 5770 if you get the 500w psu, you may be able to use a 6870 but with your cpu you may start to bottleneck, I am not sure thou, thats a tuff one.

lynmachine

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
like whats the best cpu my board can hadle whats the highest psu w i can get and what mhz ram can i upgrade toand whats the best gpu i can run just seeing if its worth it to biald a new system money wis i dont not an issue but i wont to just be ok in games and not have my gpu cut out or lagg asmuch ty

kevmachine

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
awww I see, I never overclocked mine because I didn't think it would make a difference with such a low end video card, but oviously it does, I think they come stock with 600 on the core and 700 on memory?

kevmachine

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
I don't think alot of people would know or have anwsers for your questions, acer is not well known to system builders which this site I belive mostly focus's on, you don't see acer motherboards floating around on sites for sale, I can't see there being a limit to your psu, but it's an am2 motherboard I belive with 1 pci-e slot, if you want to upgrade it you are gonna have to write to acer give them your motherboard modle number and ask them what the best cpu you can put in there, since it's a mini tower *my sister had one* upgrading your psu is gonna be tricky, they use a short modle psu to fit in there and you can't find many of em with higher watts then 300, you could try putting the psu outside the case but you will have to ground it and do some modification to your case also it's risky doing this as thins can fall *or spill* and this could very quickly blow it up. if this does work out for ya, then as long as you can get the video card to fit in a slim tower, another issue my sister use to have, should be no issues but there's no way your gonna fit a newer video card in that machine, just isn't possible with the way that motherboard is set up.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS