Sign in with
Your question

Will this memory work with my motherboard?

Last response: in Motherboards
December 18, 2011 5:23:20 PM

:hello: 

I have been finding answers on Google for a few months now, and decided to recently register, to this wonderful forum, filled with knowledgeable people. I am hoping someone could answer this for me, as I have not found an answer for it, nor much information on it.

I have a Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard, with Corsair XMS3 4x2g of ram, tallying 8gb of ram, running at PC1333. I have Windows Professional x64, and run some heavy programming/multi-tasking.

I want to purchase this RAM, and would like to know if anyone knows if this would work on my mobo? Here is the link to it, from Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I will also list my exact motherboard spec from Newegg, which is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I would like to know if this RAM will work, since it's not listed on the qualified vendor list.

Sorry if I gave too many details, as I honestly am a newbie to a lot of stuff, when compared to some others on here.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2011 6:00:20 PM

it doesn't matter that g.skill is not listed but sure you should use it easily.z68 chipset are able to handle any ram manfacturer.
m
l
December 18, 2011 6:24:09 PM

Only the X is listed, and I know this is a budget motherboard. Do you think it will run into any stability issues?

Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2011 6:31:43 PM

no my friend you should be fine don't worry z68 chipset every mobo support g.skill or any other brands.no issues!!
m
l
December 18, 2011 6:50:09 PM

Thanks. Just one last question, before I order. Will it work fine with the Corsair XMS3, 4X2 sticks, tallying 8GB, I already have installed?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 18, 2011 6:55:02 PM

yes, my friend its work fine.
m
l
December 19, 2011 1:31:17 AM

Thanks again.
m
l
December 19, 2011 4:29:35 PM

I would be buying 1 stick. I actually wanted to add the ram, with the existing ram I have, tallying up 16gb of ram, since I do a lot of multi-tasking. Do you think mixing Corsair XMS3 and G. Skill, the product I linked, would run into any problems, if I did that? The motherboard I have does say it can hold up to 32gb of RAM. I rather not fill all my slots, as I saw the Corsair Vengeance, but want to keep at least one slot free.
m
l
a c 117 V Motherboard
December 19, 2011 6:16:29 PM

JustJoe79 said:
I would be buying 1 stick. I actually wanted to add the ram, with the existing ram I have, tallying up 16gb of ram, since I do a lot of multi-tasking. Do you think mixing Corsair XMS3 and G. Skill, the product I linked, would run into any problems, if I did that? The motherboard I have does say it can hold up to 32gb of RAM. I rather not fill all my slots, as I saw the Corsair Vengeance, but want to keep at least one slot free.

It may very well work with some bios tinkering.
Personally i've mixed ram kits before but only from the same maker and matched as closely as possible.
m
l
December 19, 2011 6:56:43 PM

Do you know if G. Skill and Corsair are matchable, meaning, those two brands working together, in the same system properly?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 19, 2011 7:02:59 PM

yes they can work perfectly however i'm using kingston+ballistasx
m
l
!