shoted

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Hey I'm newly registered but have been here for advice a 1000 time's and it always seems to help. Just couldn't find any relevant info on my problem. I know this has been asked before but No one really answered it. Probably do to the troll who posted it.

Anyway on to my problem I have a 4850 that is running really poorly. I'm getting 18-22 fps in games i know i should be getting more. For example medal of honor.

My specs are a Intel Pentium D 925 (Dual core) @ 3.2 ghz. 4 GB ram. and of coarse a ATI 4850. running lattest drivers 10.11. I heard that the newer drivers have problems with the 4850 but havent confirmed it. Any help would be great. Thanks

shoted

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2010
Thanks for the reply and yeah that CPU is a dinosaur lol. But I still have a few months before I can upgrade and go with my new build.
I'm running at 1024*768. Even tho the cpu is weak At that resolution and with MOH on lowest setting i still don't see over 22 fps. It just seem's a little low to me even with my specs

Yes, your result is quite right if you ask me, at low resolution cpu is more important than gpu, so the only way to get better result you must get higher cpu...
So for now, stay with your current setup, after you have money you can buy a new cpu.

Try overclocking your CPU. You should notice your FSP going up. If they don't, you may have a problem with the card. Really though I think it's just your CPU ^_^. Now if you are going to get a meaningful overclock out of a Pentium 4 you are going to need some serious cooling, otherwise the CPU will overheat and try to throttle itself thus lowering performance.