Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Irwindale Xeon Hyperthreading

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
April 12, 2011 8:23:04 PM

Hey guys I need some help identifying this CPU.

i recently acquired a dell Poweredge 1800 with a single xeon proc. the proc is labeled as a SL7ZF 3.0GHZ 2MB L2 cache 800FSB. I wanted to add a second proc but am a little confused on this proc

Intels site states that the SL7ZF is a single core single thread proc but Windows 2003 server sees it as a dual core and so does Sisoftware's sandra application. how is this possible? a quick look on Wiki also confirmed what was on intels site about this proc not supporting HT.

really need to identify this proc 100% as the added proc will need to be identical.

Is it possible that sandra and server 2003 are incorrect in reporting this proc as a dual core?

Best solution

a c 100 à CPUs
April 14, 2011 8:11:54 PM

mrecio said:
Hey guys I need some help identifying this CPU.

i recently acquired a dell Poweredge 1800 with a single xeon proc. the proc is labeled as a SL7ZF 3.0GHZ 2MB L2 cache 800FSB. I wanted to add a second proc but am a little confused on this proc

Intels site states that the SL7ZF is a single core single thread proc but Windows 2003 server sees it as a dual core and so does Sisoftware's sandra application. how is this possible? a quick look on Wiki also confirmed what was on intels site about this proc not supporting HT.

really need to identify this proc 100% as the added proc will need to be identical.

Is it possible that sandra and server 2003 are incorrect in reporting this proc as a dual core?

ARK is frequently wrong on the specs of older CPUs with regards to HyperThreading. The 3.00E supposedly does not support HyperThreading, but your OS wouldn't see a non-HT single-core CPU as having two threads if HT wasn't active, and your CPU is clearly NOT a dual-core unit. My guess is that HT is in fact active and working. Go get yourself a second 3.00 Irwindale to fill the other socket.
April 14, 2011 8:44:51 PM

Why Not using CPUID Intel for excact specs, and whats supported! IrwinDale R. Schister wants only the Fax! Most Sites use CPUID From Intel to verify if legitamate
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2012 7:53:07 PM

Best answer selected by mousemonkey.
Score
a b à CPUs
February 2, 2012 7:53:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!