What is better than Intel Core i7 930 Quad CPU 4 x 2 8ghz 8mb L2 Cache 45nm LGA1

I need a SUPER GAMING DT with 12GB ram, 1TB SATA HD, very good motherboard, DDR3, USB 3 sound and at least graphics cards with VGA,HDMI (HDTV) DVI and HDMI Outputs Help!

Jamse
3 answers Last reply
More about what intel core quad 8ghz cache 45nm lga1
  1. 12 GB of RAM for PC gaming system is merely 200% over what is really required....; additional performance gained over 4 gb...? None.

(What does "DT" even mean, anyway?)

Put the money saved into a 2500k and Asus P67 based MB...

(I don't think you are going to find a GPU with all the above ouputs you listed these days....)
  2. GorgeousG1 said:
    I need a SUPER GAMING DT with 12GB ram, 1TB SATA HD, very good motherboard, DDR3, USB 3 sound and at least graphics cards with VGA,HDMI (HDTV) DVI and HDMI Outputs Help!

Jamse

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261222-31-build-advice <--- :bounce:
  3. mdd1963 said:
    12 GB of RAM for PC gaming system is merely 200% over what is really required....; additional performance gained over 4 gb...? None.

(What does "DT" even mean, anyway?)

Put the money saved into a 2500k and Asus P67 based MB...

(I don't think you are going to find a GPU with all the above ouputs you listed these days....)

Thanks for the ifo. "DT" = desktop. The machine will also be used as a work station, as well as, video and photo editing therefore the xtra memory should be useful.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems