AMD Llano 3x faster than SB in graphics

evang

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

your signature says don't feed the trolls. does that mean you starve yourself?

4745454b

Titan
Every now and then I relent and toss them a bone.

I was trying to point out that just because the GPU part is better then Intels doesn't mean that BD will end up being better then SB. Seeing as most power users will probably end up using a GPU for games or CUDA, this means very little. Sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet, I guess even when you use the tag...

Timop

Distinguished
^And someones completely fails to realize Llano is just a K10 die-shrink on the CPU side.

Regardless, this really isn't news at all, the specs for Llano has been set for quite a while now. Its like boasting "New atoms to have lower power consumption than Zacate!"

ATM, What really matter for llano, the clocks and pricing, are still wild cards.

Meh, it's not really a fair comparison for poor sandy bridge graphics ^_^. I'm kind of surprised that it has 400 instead of the originally reported 320shaders, but then the original part didn't yield that well which is why we'll never see it :D. 400 shaders would mean it could crossfire with Redwood graphics cores though so we'll see. Could make a decent gaming notebook.

majin ssj eric

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
"....Unfortunately, the actual resulting clock-speeds are unclear and therefore it is unknown how completive will performance of Llano be against Intel Core i-series "Sandy Bridge" microprocessors."

Hmmm, move along. Nothing to see here....