battleorer 0XX friendly codes

Ahoi!

Some years (!) ago I read about friendly codes starting with 0 won't
work correctly all the time. Sure, I want to have my torpers on the
right side of the VCR and therefor I need a low battle order. So are
these FCs still buggy or is that already fixed?

Regards
Michael
2 answers Last reply
More about battleorer friendly codes
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    On Fri, 08 Jul 2005 09:34:17 +0200, Michael Horak
    <horak.michael@aon.at> wrote:

    >Ahoi!
    >
    >Some years (!) ago I read about friendly codes starting with 0 won't
    >work correctly all the time. Sure, I want to have my torpers on the
    >right side of the VCR and therefor I need a low battle order. So are
    >these FCs still buggy or is that already fixed?

    As far as I know, they work fine if you're on your own. If you and an
    ally are fighting together, they might cause problems. But then again,
    I can't recall ever testing or confirming either of this.
    --
    Donovan
    http://www.xs4all.nl/~donovan

    "Donovan" <spamfordonovan@xs4all.nl> wrote in message >
    > As far as I know, they work fine if you're on your own. If you and an
    > ally are fighting together, they might cause problems. But then again,
    > I can't recall ever testing or confirming either of this.
    > --

    I have had this problem when fighting a single opponent - I don't think this
    ever had anything to do with allies. I had a number of ships starting with 00n
    where 0 is a digit, and so is n... and my ships were, as the Brits might say,
    "well out of order". My Rushes failed to fight first, and I lost a number of
    other ships to a Crystal carrier.

    However, it was a long time ago now, perhaps even version 3.14 of host, and I
    have no idea if it has been fixed since. Starting low codes with 100 on up
    does seem to work, and I have assumed is the work around every one uses.

    If this has been fixed, I would like to know too.

    regards DM

Games VGA Video Games