Solved

Will this psu work with Dual gtx465's

Will my current psu work with Dual GTX 465's. Heres a link to my psu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139025
If not do you have any suggestions, or suggestions on a decent but not to expensive dual combination of gpu's.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will work dual gtx465
  1. Best answer
    According to NVIDIA's specifications a single reference clocked GeForce GTX 465 has a Maximum Graphics Card Power of 200 Watts. This means that the card may draw up to a maximum of 16.7 Amps from the +12 Volt rail(s). NVIDIA recommends a minimum of a 550 Watt power supply with a combined +12 Volt rail(s) current rating of 38 Amps.

For two GeForce GTX 465 in 2-way SLI NVIDIA recommends a minimum of a 750 Watt power supply with a combined +12 Volt rail(s) current rating of 55 Amps.

Your Corsair GS800 Power Supply is able to provide up to 65 Amps on its single +12 Volt rail so your power supply meets/exceeds the requirements for two GeForce GTX 465 in 2-way SLI.
  2. Will this still be enough for my 2600k i7 with thermaltake frio on a ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0).
  3. raiderslfie said:
    Will this still be enough for my 2600k i7 with thermaltake frio on a ASUS P8P67 DELUXE (REV 3.0).

Yes. The NVIDIA recommendations have taken the CPU, cooling fans, motherboard chipset, hard disk drives, optical drive, etc into account.
  4. Best answer selected by raiderslfie.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gtx GPUs Components Product