MOBO - P8P67 Deluxe
RAM - Corsair Dominator 8gb
PSU - HX1000
Graphics - Asus GTX580
Case - CM 690 II Advanced
Cooler - Thermalright Silver Arrow
HDD - Samsung 1tb f3 x2 in RAID 0
SSD - Crucial C300 128GB boot drive with win 7

I built the computer yesterday. Initially I ran into quite a few problems including "chassis intrude! Please check your system" error on first boot. After rebooting a few times that message went away. Afterwards I set up RAID 0 with my two 1tb drives using the intel storage manager utility. I then changed the boot priorities in the BIOS to make my DVD drive first, SSD second and left the third slot blank. I then installed win7 64bit onto the SSD. Towards the end of the setup i ran into an error message "interactive logon process initialization has failed". The computer restarted by itself and the installation then continued normally.

On first boot I installed the motherboard and graphics card drivers. Then I ran windows update. After installing the second set of updates, I kept getting BSOD whenever I tried to boot. Not sure what to do then, I ran the Windows Startup Repair utility and restored windows to the point before i installed the updates. I could now boot into windows fine. I then used the computer normally for around 1-2 hours, installing a few programs and restarting once or twice.

After seeing that things seemed to be stable, I left my computer on while it was downloading a game from Steam and I went to sleep. When I woke up a few hours later to check on the download status my computer wasn't on. I tried to turn it on but whenever I pressed the power button (on the case and directly on the motherboard), the lights and fans in my rig just light up and turned off briefly (very briefly, maybe around 0.5 to 1 seconds) and then turned off. If I tried to turn it on after that nothing would happen. After this first initial 0.5 second 'start up' and 'shut down' nothing happens no matter how many times I press the power button. I have to unplug my PSU and replug it in order to get the get this 0.5 second boot/shut down (i hope i explained that well, if you have any questions please ask and I will clarify).

I have checked to see that my graphics card and RAM are firmly and correctly installed. I have checked all of the connectors on my motherboard and everything is fine.

One thing that I noticed is that whenever I touch the front I/O panel on my case, I get mildly shocked. This only happens when the PSU is unplugged. When I plug in the PSU, i dont get shocked. I am scared to touch my computer now because I don't want to mess anything else up. Please help me figure out what to do.

Thanks for the help!

More about : problems brand comp

January 17, 2011 3:53:22 PM

Update1: i ran restored windows to the point before i installed the updates and i have succesfully booted into windows. But im still curious as to why i got the previous errors and why i kept getting BSODs :|

Update2: So after i finally fixed the BSODs i left my computer downloading a steam game over night because everything seemed fine. I woke up and went to go check my comp. out and it was powered down. I can't power it back up! Whenever I click the power button (on the case and on the motherboard itself) the fans and lights turn on for around 0.5-1 second and then the computer shuts down again. I turned off the PSU, unplugged the computer from the wall and waited for a few minutes. After waiting i plugged the power back into the PSU And gave it another shot but still it won't boot up !Please help me!
January 17, 2011 10:10:42 PM

any1 have any ideas as to what is wrong?
Related resources
January 17, 2011 10:46:35 PM

check all your connections and reset you graphics card and memory sticks,check you cpcu install
check your mobo manual on how to clear and reset your BIOS to system Auto defaults with your preferred boot priorities and review your BIOS screens for the correct auto info
with no OC ...and post your results

you can also troubleshoot by disabling your RAID array and just run the SSD Windows boot drive and check for stability with some apps cpui-z prime95 etc and some temp monitoring apps
run a "live cd' if you have one &
let us know
January 17, 2011 10:48:45 PM

alright, i'll give this a shot when i get home, im at school atm. Thanks for the reply.
January 18, 2011 9:18:12 AM

ok, i think i MAY have fried my components with static. i Just realised that if I touch the top IO panel of my case (usb + head phone/mic + esata plugs) I get shocked (only when PSU cable is NOT plugged in). When i plug in my PSU cable, I don't get shocked anymore (im guessing this grounds it?). Sorry I don't have much knowledge in this area so i'm not too sure what to do.

When putting together my comp i tried to make sure I 'discharged' any static build up by touching the PSU plugged into the wall but I guess it didn't work??

What shoulld i doo :( ?
January 18, 2011 10:56:33 AM

Quote:
Initially I ran into quite a few problems including "chassis intrude! Please check your system" error on first boot. After rebooting a few times that message went away

see pg 71-72 of your mobo manual explains why you got that message ..so read the manual

Quote:
When putting together my comp i tried to make sure I 'discharged' any static build up by touching the PSU plugged into the wall but I guess it didn't work??

pretty hard to unring that bell
if you have to ask about safe handling practices then you do not practice safe handling

BUT you MAY be fortunate in that the static charge you may have experienced on the IO panel may have came from USB/headset mics plugs as opposed to zapping your parts prior and during your build
here is a bonus tip :"cap -off' any unused power connects from your PSU with some elect tape IF you have them inside
...note less static on non-carpeted surface ...hopefully not too expensive a lesson to learn

check your mobo manual on how to clear and reset your BIOS pg 100 pdf manual for info on recovering the bios

get an antistat wrist strap and learn about safe handling
read the build guides very carefully here at Toms's
Read and follow the info in your mainboard manual to reset your BIOS IF you are still unable to boot and set to Auto and Defaults see Section 3 the manual is pretty clear on what these setting are and so is Asus website and forums

check for stability & temps as previously posted in this thread

hopefully it was not too expensive a lesson for you to learn
January 18, 2011 11:16:17 AM

Have you double checked the motherboard positioning? All the screws are in and you don't have any 'stands' where there is not a hole on the motherboard? I have never had static issues when building, but you getting shocked by the IO panel just makes me think your mobo is touching where it shouldn't
January 18, 2011 11:52:31 AM

rrplay said:
Quote:
Initially I ran into quite a few problems including "chassis intrude! Please check your system" error on first boot. After rebooting a few times that message went away

see pg 71-72 of your mobo manual explains why you got that message ..so read the manual

Quote:

if you have to ask about safe handling practices then you do not practice safe handling

BUT you MAY be fortunate in that the static charge you may have experienced on the IO panel may have came from USB/headset mics plugs as opposed to zapping your parts prior and during your build
here is a bonus tip :"cap -off' any unused power connects from your PSU with some elect tape IF you have them inside
...note less static on non-carpeted surface ...hopefully not too expensive a lesson to learn

check your mobo manual on how to clear and reset your BIOS pg 100 pdf manual for info on recovering the bios

Read and follow the info in your mainboard manual to reset your BIOS IF you are still unable to boot and set to Auto and Defaults see Section 3 the manual is pretty clear on what these setting are and so is Asus website and forums

I've only built three other computers before this build and all three times I just touched the PSU or a metal part of the case which was grounded (i think i read this method somewhere on these forums).

Anyways, thanks for your tips ill give it a shot, hopefully i havent killed any of my parts
January 18, 2011 11:58:48 AM

asteldian said:
Have you double checked the motherboard positioning? All the screws are in and you don't have any 'stands' where there is not a hole on the motherboard? I have never had static issues when building, but you getting shocked by the IO panel just makes me think your mobo is touching where it shouldn't

I actually removed the motherboard and reseated everything (switched the cpu cooler to the stock fan so my rig is easier to work with) and everything is lined up correctly. However i did notice that there are black screws on the back of the motherboard (black screws with springs between the screw and the motherboard) which seem to be screwed in rather loosely. I can't tell whether they are touching the case but that could be a possibility. Is it safe to tighten these screws?
January 18, 2011 12:16:11 PM

rrplay said:
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry to ask this question but where can I find this manual that you are reffering to? The printed manual in my motherboard box doesn't cover the topics/page numbers you mentioned. The PDF version on the CD that came with the mobo is the exact same and doesn't cover those page numbers/topics. I tried searching online for one but Asus only has a German version on their website. Could you please link where i can find the pdf manual you are referring to. thanks
January 18, 2011 12:29:18 PM

I was referring to this Model: P8P67 DELUXE
http://www.iusermanual.com/motherboard/asus-p8p67-delux... [ e6308 zip download ]

Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard
Date Added: Jan 09, 2011
Device: motherboard
Filetype: PDF
Filesize: 8.42 MB
Publisher: Asus

This Asus P8P67 Deluxe Motherboard Manual is published by Asus, without any warranty.

that is what I used to quick search some info for you that's your mobo right ?
January 18, 2011 12:46:37 PM

just repeated the same and got a e 6198 zip
earlier this AM had e6308_P867_PRO.pdf
hope this pdf work for you I still have the other pdf from before
you can PM me if you like

EDIT here is a link for that pdf I had this am
if it is not working let me know in PM
January 20, 2011 2:12:04 AM

turn out it wasnt my fault. the psu was dead and i got it replaced. everything works fine now
January 20, 2011 10:15:11 AM

glad to hear you got it worked out
as a bonus you got yourself 2 mobo pdf manuals and they may come in handy at a later time
April 23, 2011 1:56:58 AM

undadawg said:
turn out it wasnt my fault. the psu was dead and i got it replaced. everything works fine now

Underdawg,

I am planning to build a rig almost exactly like yours. I am just in the parts selection process. I want the Thermalright Silver Arrow as my CPU Cooler, but I am concerned about enormouse size of it.

Did you have any installation problems with the Thermalright Silver Arrow and the memory you chose on the P8P67 Deluxe?

I am planning on getting the Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 Vengeance 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1600 memory kit and the Thermalright Silver Arrow. Do you think I will have a problem?

I'd greatly appreciate your help!
April 23, 2011 4:17:07 AM

Just so you know, the shocking issue was actually a grounding issue with the CM690II case. Cooler Master fixed the issue not that long ago if I recall correctly....
!