Sign in with
Your question

SABERTOOTH 990FX

Last response: in Motherboards
December 19, 2011 11:33:46 AM

Hi, just build a new rig using an ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX, great motherboard.

I'm new to the UEFI Bios so not sure if I have not found some of the hidden settings. On my previous motherboards the BIOS would have a setting to turn on when the AC was back on, ie you do not have to press the ON/OFF button. I could not find such settings in the EUFI bios.

Many Thanks
Frank

More about : sabertooth 990fx

a b V Motherboard
December 19, 2011 2:43:13 PM

I've never had a motherboard with such feature. And I've been building systems since 2002. What was that previous motherboard of yours?

December 19, 2011 8:48:33 PM

wiinippongamer said:
I've never had a motherboard with such feature. And I've been building systems since 2002. What was that previous motherboard of yours?

This is part of the Award Modular Bios, that is used by GIGABYTE. My Mobo is a AM3 socket
MA790xt-ud4p. Also had this feature with previous mobos from Gigabyte.

2-7 Power Management Setup Page 50
AC Back Function
Determines the state of the system after the return of power from an AC power loss.
Soft-Off The system stays off upon the return of the AC power. (Default)
Full-On The system is turned on upon the return of the AC power.
Memory The system returns to its last known awake state upon the return of the AC
power.

I think I have seen this in the UEFI version on one of the latest GIGABYTE boards but cannot swear to it.

It is quite a handy feature where you have a remote server and you loose AC for a few minutes. Saves a drive to remote post.

Cheers
Frank

Related resources
January 28, 2012 2:44:27 PM

wiinippongamer said:

I have found the solution to this problem. It is available in the UEFI BIOS.

I have put a screenshot for the option (under Advanced options).

http://sites.google.com/site/tecchie2011/home/motherboa...

Cheers
Frank
!