Howdy, I will be getting my parts either tues. or wed. this week, and am looking for any tips and tricks for putting it together, as this will be my first time all by myself just looking for some feedback. I have read the step by step guide from the forum here and it seems to cover everything, just looking for more imput...
also I am getting a 120gb vertex2 ssd for my OS, and a 1tb hdd for data, etc....do I put it together and leave the 1tb disconnected till I get the OS up and running? or hook it all up to begin with?
I would recommend putting the CPU/cooler and RAM on the motherboard, putting that in the case, and then sticking everything else in there.
You can hook up the SSD and the HDD to the motherboard, but just make sure to choose the SSD as the OS installation directory (it will show sizes, and the difference b/w 120GB and 1000GB is pretty obvious).
1. Download all your manuals while waiting for the big brown truck to arrive.
2. Print them and read them cover to cover ....several times....use a highlighter to find points you'll need to come back to
3. Download all the drivers on hardware component sites and burn to a CD.
4. Yes, USB works
5. Work on wood table and take off ya shoes so ya don't pick up static
6. Don't screw things down like ya torquing a set of valve covers....use 2 fingers when tightening