Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I cant access my router as I always do.

Last response: in Networking
June 23, 2010 2:55:58 PM

This is a huge problem for me and I need urgent help please. I have a repotec 4port adsl router that I used to access its control panel using 192.168.16.1.
Now when I do that it suddenly stopped working, it keep saying connecting then gives a timeout error. I tried hitting the reset button in the back panel but it didnt help.
All I need from my router is to know the ports I have forwarded, if there is another way I could do that then I wouldn't need to access my router setting panel for any reason

More about : access router

June 23, 2010 4:16:37 PM

omarko said:
This is a huge problem for me and I need urgent help please. I have a repotec 4port adsl router that I used to access its control panel using 192.168.16.1.
Now when I do that it suddenly stopped working, it keep saying connecting then gives a timeout error. I tried hitting the reset button in the back panel but it didnt help.
All I need from my router is to know the ports I have forwarded, if there is another way I could do that then I wouldn't need to access my router setting panel for any reason

Reset button?
m
l
June 23, 2010 5:04:51 PM

tigsounds said:
Reset button?

Yes I said I already tried that its in the back panel of the router. Its not a normal button its small to avoid pressing it by accident u need a pen or so to push it and I did that the router restarted and all but I still cant access it.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

June 23, 2010 6:47:32 PM

You can try this:

unplug everything hold down the rest button plug everything back in a while holding the rest button.... After everything plug in hold it down for about 10 more sec then let go of the rest button and see if you get a connection.

Good Luck
June 23, 2010 9:08:33 PM

odd...ar you sure thats the right gateway? if not ipconfig /all and scroll to default gateway

but assuming that is the correct gatway why would it just start blocking you, disable the firewall? or maybe try accessing it through a different computer. Hope you find a solution

m
l
June 23, 2010 11:09:07 PM

xco said:
odd...ar you sure thats the right gateway? if not ipconfig /all and scroll to default gateway

but assuming that is the correct gatway why would it just start blocking you, disable the firewall? or maybe try accessing it through a different computer. Hope you find a solution

I have tried accessing from a different computer. Didnt work. And I am sure I am using the right gateway I checked it in the cmd. Well it seems that this need a professional's help,thanks for replying guys.
m
l
June 23, 2010 11:09:35 PM

Best answer selected by omarko.
m
l
!