Radeon 4650 will not work

Hello,
Help! Bought a new radeon 4650 - did everything the guide said - removed my old GeForce4 MX4000, installed the 4650. After restart I got nothing - black screen. Absolutely nothing so I couldn't even view my BIOS settings in set-up. Removed the 4650, installed the MX4000 again and could view as normal. Reset the Primary adapter to onboard, removed the MX4000, rebooted - works normally. But no matter what I do, as soon as I install the 4650 again, I get nothing (even with Primary adapter selected to PCI or PCI-E). Someone help - please!!! I'm an avid Flight Sim user so I want this to work badly for 2004 & X.

Pavilion a1245c (Athlon 3700+ 2.19Ghz)
Win XP (SP3)
200GB hard drive
1GB mem

Also used an on-line lab to check system requirements - it says I'm good on everything for Flight Sim 2004 but need a new card for FSX.

Thanks.

icthusker
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 4650 work
  1. Hey,
    Try to install drivers while using the onboard then shut down an put in your 4650.
  2. Did you plug the 4 pin power connector in?
  3. My old card is a 9600 GSO, on board power supply via 6-pin...i couldnt find anything to plug into this card...nor do i know where to plug in a 4-pin...onto the MB from the PSU? What should i be looking for? Im having the same issues
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Radeon Graphics