i am looking to build a gaming PC that will run world of warcraft smoothly. i am on a tight budget so id like to spend between 300 and 400 $$.i have the essentials(mouse,keyboard,monitor,speakers). here are the system requirements for the game i nwant to play.
Minimum System Requirements
Windows® System XP/XP64/Vista/Vista64/7** OS (with the latest Service Packs or updates):
- Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+
- 1 GB or more of RAM
- NVIDIA® GeForce® FX or ATI Radeon™ 9500 video card or better
- 25.0 GB available HD space
- 4X DVD-ROM drive (Downloadable Installer also available)
- Broadband Internet connection
id like to run this game smooth.
now here are the parts i have come up with .after 2 days of research. and help from others.
Looks like your links got messed up--try posting 'em again?
In the meantime, a year ago, you could make this for only $500 (I know, because it's mine):
- ASUS M4A79XTD EVO motherboard
- AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8 GHz
- Super Talent DDR3-1600 4GB (2x2GB) CL9 Dual Channel Memory
- SAPPHIRE Radeon HD5770 1GB
- OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W
- Hitachi 1 TB Deskstar SATA 7200RPM 32MB Cache
(Note: $500 dollar figure does not include case.)
With prices now, you could probably make this for around $400 (+/- case), and it can run most anything out there smooth, smooth, smooth (or at least, what I've played on it so far: Mass Effect, StarCraft II, Bad Company 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Unreal Tournament 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion).
EDIT: at the time, Newegg had the best price for the motherboard, video card, and PSU; SuperBiiz had the best price for RAM; Amazon had the best price for the hard drive; and an OEM eBay seller had the best CPU price.