Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Troubles dedicated with physx card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 19, 2010 3:36:41 AM

I'm using an MSI NF980 G65, 4GB 1600 corsair, Phenom II 720, 9800GT, and a GTX460. Nothign is overcloked

Can't get the 9800 to actually do anything, set it in the second PCI-e slot right under to the 460, booted up and set the 9800 to do physx and nothing happened, no performance increase not even 0.1 FPS or stability increase not in Farcry 2, Crysis, or Borderlands.

zDoes the physx card need to be ontop or at the bottom in the x8 slot, or does the board hybrid sli need to be enabled in the bios, I don't wanna wear out the damn baord or break it trying all this stuff.

I do however have about a min of my monitor going to sleep between the vista loading screen and the log in page
November 19, 2010 3:42:53 AM

Physx only works on some games. The games it does work on will lower your fps when you turn it on, it will not boost your performance. When you dedicate a GPU to Physx it will ONLY do physx absolutly NOTHING else.

Hope I helped.

P.S. If that was not your question please clearify.

Best solution

a c 80 Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 4:45:17 AM

None of the games you mentioned support GPU accelerated PhysX. There are only about 17-20 games that do. If you play those games, the dedicated physX card will allow you to turn on the PhysX effects without losing a ton of performance.

If you don't have a game that supports GPU accelerated PhysX, then you only drain extra power to have one in your system.
Related resources
November 19, 2010 4:50:57 AM

bystander said:
None of the games you mentioned support GPU accelerated PhysX. There are only about 17-20 games that do. If you play those games, the dedicated physX card will allow you to turn on the PhysX effects without losing a ton of performance.

If you don't have a game that supports GPU accelerated PhysX, then you only drain extra power to have one in your system.

You are exactly right. ;) 
a c 80 Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 4:52:40 AM

HostileDonut said:
You are exactly right. ;) 

You were also right, just thought it needed to be clarified a little incase he didn't quite understand it fully.
November 19, 2010 4:54:01 AM

Well thank you. :D 
November 19, 2010 2:59:26 PM

Best answer selected by thecountrygoth.
a b Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 5:03:43 PM

This topic has been closed by Maziar
!