ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen 3 MoBo not detecting SSD or HDD

zombegon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
My SSD is not showing up in my BIOS.

I have searched the forums and found problems similar to mine, but have yet to find a solution that works for me.

I have a Kingston 64GB SSD connected to an ASRock Extreme7 Gen3 MoBo and a 600W PSU. The SSD is connected to the MoBo through SATA.

I have tested each SATA connector with an LG BluRay ODD. The ODD shows as detected on each SATA port I tested. Using this same method with the SSD has had the opposite results. I used different SATA connectors and PSU connectors when testing the SSD, including the ones that were connected to the ODD during its successful tests; no results. I have checked the SATA settings and made sure they were AHCI. I have also tested a Western Digital 1TB HDD in the same manner as the SSD; neither the SSD nor the HDD are detected in the BIOS. I heard the HDD spinning up so i know it is getting power.

Any help is appreciated. I'm so very, very, very close to being done with this build. And I have so many, many, many rebate forms to send out.

zombegon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
*UPDATE*

I asked ASRock tech support for help. A day later they send me an email with broken english, inaccurate use of punctuation...and a link to a PDF of the board's manual.

Bravo. I'm sure I could feel more insulted by having given them my $250, but I can't concentrate through the burning red haze in my brain.

zombegon

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Got the new MoBo yesterday.

I did a test boot with the BluRay drive and SSD drive plugged in. I changed the SATA settings to AHCI then checked the BIOS; both were detected.

HOWEVER, I rebooted and installed windows. When the Installer prompted me to choose a boot drive I had the option of my HDD or my SSD. I chose my SSD and installed. I then checked my system and found that only my SSD and my BluRay drive were being detected by windows.

I reset and went into BIOS where I found that only my SSD was being detected. No ODD and no HDD.

So, I don't know. I've got windows but no hard drive. Fwwwwwaaaahhht is going on here. Did I miss a step?

a08

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012
I am experiencing a similar problem whereby my SSD (OCZ SATA 3) is not recognised in the BIOS (ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP). I had been running Windows 8 release preview but all of a sudden the BIOS is not finding the SSD.

How did you solve your issue?

Thanks.