System Usage from Most to Least Important:Just playing FSX

Parts Not Required: Need all

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NewEgg

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: Does not matter
Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Just want to find the cheapest build that will play FSX on max settings, on three monitors. Thanks for the help ;) 
January 18, 2011 9:49:35 AM

FSX on max settings is almost impossible on a budget computer.
FSX can eat dual cpu 12 core systems for lunch and TRI-SLI/ Crossfire for an appetizer.

It depends on your budget ,how much are you willing to spend for said amount of performance?
m
l
January 18, 2011 3:31:35 PM

I don't know much about FSX, in fact I have never played it. But if I had to make a recommendation, I'd base it around around the recommended system specifications. It doesn't sound like FSX uses the specifications that was suggested by Rick, and I highly doubt that the program would be capable of utilizing 12 CPU cores. I've looked at several websites, it sounds like you could get by on the 500-1000 dollar range and have a pretty outstanding machine for running that game. Regardless, the main thing I'd like to suggest is looking into using a projector with a half oval shaped screen.
There is some sort of trend aimed towards eyefinity, the idea is nice but I'd much rather use a projection. If you want big, go with a projector, there is no breaks in the view.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b C Monitor
January 19, 2011 8:26:26 AM

Quote:
Additional Comments: Just want to find the cheapest build that will play FSX on max settings, on three monitors. Thanks for the help

Hmm ok since dirt cheap is on the cards - starting lowest i would suggest:

Items off Egg $391

965BE + Biostar A780L3G $160
http://www.microcenter.com/specials/promotions/AMDbundl...

$551 in total

Typical playing settings
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/01/05/amds_ati_rade...
January 26, 2011 6:38:11 AM

Best answer selected by AwsomeStuff.
m
l
a b C Monitor
January 26, 2011 7:19:16 AM

Yep happy shopping/building and cheers ^^
m
l
!