2X Teleconverter for Panasonic FZ20 Digital camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 28, 2005 6:53:35 PM

Hello....I desparately need some advice on this subject. I just
purchased a Panasonic FZ20 and am looking for an inexpensive 2x tele
converter. Can anyone recommend any specific brands/model #'s that
would work on my camera. I am not having much luck. Any
advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Steve

--
whitebirch1
January 28, 2005 6:53:36 PM

Wow, that is impressive magnification power! This sub $200 thing is
giving you what?... like 800mm focal legth (equiv)? I would have said
the at such a long zoom the hand shake would have been much more
notisable. Got to love the MEGA Stabilizer. I have an FZ15 and have a
couple of questions as well.

Had you setup the camera to let it know that it is using a converter
for this photo? In that case, does it limit the max aperture setting of
2.8? and by how much?

Fede
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 7:18:41 PM

"whitebirch1" <whitebirch1.1jkssy@WiFi-Forum_dot_com> wrote in message

> Hello....I desparately need some advice on this subject. I just
> purchased a Panasonic FZ20 and am looking for an inexpensive 2x tele
> converter. Can anyone recommend any specific brands/model #'s that
> would work on my camera. I am not having much luck. Any
> advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Steve
>

> --
> whitebirch1

Dirk took some shots using a Raynox 2.2x add on to his FZ20:
http://www.spanburgh.com/Tele_test/ They look pretty nice to me.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 9:31:23 PM

Paiasoloco <fcalvo@gmail.com> wrote:

> Had you setup the camera to let it know that it is using a converter
> for this photo? In that case, does it limit the max aperture setting of
> 2.8? and by how much?

On the FZ10 (I assume the 20 is very similar!), press "MENU", scroll
down the "REC" menu until you hit page 4, You'll see "CONVERSION" at
the bottom, enter that dialog, and scroll to either "WIDE" or "TELE" and
cursor down to accept. You can still manually select the full aperture
range from f2.8 to f8.0 on either setting. "TELE" limits you to use of
210-420mm (x6-x12 zoom), and "WIDE" limits you to 35-70mm (x1-x2 zoom).

pete
--
pete@fenelon.com "there's no room for enigmas in built-up areas"
!