Issue Starting up with new build

Rifleman00

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
I am having a weird issue with my newly built computer. If it is shut down properly in windows it will not start back up again correctly afterword. The computer powers on, but does not try to access the hard drive or DVD. If I leave it be it will just quietly sit there until I power it off and back on again. Using windows to just restart works fine.

Windows does properly recover from hibernate/sleep mode (not sure which it is set to). I have updated all of the drivers on my computer that I can find.

Ideas?

Specs:

Memory: 4gb G.Skill 1600 (This is properly set up in bios to run as 1600 with correct timings.

Case: Antec 902

CPU: i5 2500k

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro

PSU: Xfx 750W

GPU: Sapphire 5870

HD: WD 1.5TB Black

Rifleman00

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Boot devices are the WD1.5TB then the DVD Drive that I have (both SATA). I have removed any CD in the DVD Drive however as I also was curious if it was trying to boot up using it (Although trying to boot off of a SC2 disk would be kinda weird...)

Rifleman00

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2010
Not after properly shutting it down from Windows 7. It does not even try to read the disk drive.

While trying to start up again after shutting down windows it will not even send signal to my monitor so I cannot see if there is an error message. The antec 902 does not have a speaker so I cannot hear if there are any error messages. There are no red lights on the motherboard however.