G

Hello, i have an acer aspire m1610 with intel celeron im looking to upgrade it. whats the best intel core series can i upgrade to without any issues?

You do realize right that you will need to change your entire setup in order to get a core i rig..!! Well the best(based on newest available tech and price - performance ratio) core i series processor currently is the i5 2500 k.. How much is your budget and what are your primary uses with your PC..??

G

Well my primary use atm is for gaming and i recently had my pc in shop where he tried to put intel E5200 in unfortunatley he couldnt find this possible, so im sorta lost on what to do

When you have a system that old, it means you will need new RAM, motherboard, CPU, most likely GPU, hard drive, optical drive, and case for gaming. Basically an entire new system. What is your budget? We can help you put something together if it is high enough. Newegg has some really, REALLY good deals right now. A hd4850 for $50 after rebate!

G

i figured buying a new pc might be the end result, and thanks for suggessting newegg, i can see theyve got some good pcs for good prices, my current budget would be 200 -400 but i realise theres some good refurbished pcs out there for that price.

G

I bought 4gb ram not long ago, and have ordered the ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB would this gfx card increase gaming perfomance?

If you have a 1920 x 1080p monitor, just lower the res, or some settings. Maybe it will work fine though. Just don' try to run things like Crysis, BF:BC2, Crysis 2, etc. on highest settings, AA and AF with that card with a high res.

G

Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5C 4GB 800MHz C5 DDR2 is what i have in atm