Sign in with
Your question

My CPU Reaches 65-70 degree's, is this too hot?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Games
Last response: in CPUs
April 14, 2011 7:37:17 PM

I am playing a game called Arma 2 and it causes my CPU to go to around 90-93% load. It's a big game and I know that the load is about normal for this game

But the tempature goes to around 65 degree's. slowly...And it reaches I'd say 67 degree maxiumum

I've got a Intel Duo Core E8400 3.0

I just need to know is this tempature safe, for full load?

It stayes at around 38-42 when idle.

More about : cpu reaches degree hot

April 14, 2011 7:43:56 PM

Here are the temps.

temp1: 42C
Temp2: STays under 60C but around 57c
Temp3: - 3c
Temp: 0C
Hd0:44C
Core 0:57-67C
Core1:57-67C

^Under full load
April 14, 2011 8:29:39 PM

Looks like you are using the stock Intel heatsink. These temps look OK to me for 95% load but a little bit on the higher side, not dangerous though. As long as you don't too much above it should be OK. What are your temps when running Prime95. Have you tried it?
Related resources
April 14, 2011 10:50:00 PM

Nah haven't got Prime95. I've got another heatsink tho, it's a spire cooler. Or something. Maybe I should put that in the fan wings look bigger than my intel one.
a c 131 à CPUs
April 15, 2011 12:29:58 AM

Is there a lot of dust buildup? The fact that it slowly builds up the heat indicates that something could be insulating it, preventing proper heat dissipation to the air or the thermal compound wasn't put on correctly.
April 15, 2011 12:30:40 AM

have you try to replace the thermal compound? when was the last time it has been applied?
April 15, 2011 12:32:59 AM

damian86 said:
have you try to replace the thermal compound? when was the last time it has been applied?

Yeah it was applied like 2-3 weeks ago.

Are these numbers too high?
April 15, 2011 12:33:46 AM

enzo matrix said:
Is there a lot of dust buildup? The fact that it slowly builds up the heat indicates that something could be insulating it, preventing proper heat dissipation to the air or the thermal compound wasn't put on correctly.

It's a new computer so hardly no dust. People are saying these are normal numbers tho=\
April 15, 2011 1:15:38 AM

tilyardinit said:
Nah haven't got Prime95. I've got another heatsink tho, it's a spire cooler. Or something. Maybe I should put that in the fan wings look bigger than my intel one.

I think you are fine with the temps but if you are getting worried, just get a nice heatsink like the Cooler Master 212 Plus and then re-check.
April 18, 2011 12:23:43 AM

seems like your cpu and mine have similar operating temperatures, you probably can get better cooling with another cooler, for example my Zalman CNPS does a pretty good job,I can keep my idles about 38-42 too, but I have the cooling controlled from the bios(I can increase the fans or keep them controlled :-) normally stays around 43c and under load probably no more than 60c(as high). It would also depend on the airflow on your case, make sure there are no cables in the middle of the air intake, if this is the front , then try to spend some thime on your cable managment, it does make a difference. If you decide to reapply the thermal compound don't put loads in it, otherwise it won't do it's job. just a tinny coat, so that you can almost see through it,but also make sure this is enough, make sure you cover all of it.if you are overclocking it far, then it's understandable, so be careful.
April 18, 2011 12:54:15 AM

If you are running a stock heatsink i would say the numbers are in the normal range.
Now I have pentium D 830 3ghz dual core it runs at 120* which is the norm for this processor so I have been told.My new machine as an AMD AM3 95watts runs at 70* under a normal load.Im using a coolmaster 6 heatpipe heatsink and my fan runs at about 1800rpm.
April 18, 2011 3:45:54 PM

netsurfer63 said:
If you are running a stock heatsink i would say the numbers are in the normal range.
Now I have pentium D 830 3ghz dual core it runs at 120* which is the norm for this processor so I have been told.My new machine as an AMD AM3 95watts runs at 70* under a normal load.Im using a coolmaster 6 heatpipe heatsink and my fan runs at about 1800rpm.

your pentium d 830 runs at 120.. you mean wattage, I guess? because temperatures for it are around 70c, according to this site 130w should be the maximum power for it.

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=27513

You should double check your pentium temps get everest or other software to do it.

!