Sign in with
Your question

List pc games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 19, 2010 4:29:26 PM

Hey guys,

Remember when the Geforce 8500 GT first came out? Which pc games can I rock max settings with this card?
Game titles, games published by and in what year, etc. I like RTS, RPG and Shooter pc games. Thanks ahead.

My pc specs:
Phenom II X2 3.10GHz black ed. Callisto 550
Markvision single 2GB memory PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Hitachi deskstar 500GB @7200RPM
Coolermaster eXtreme 600W PSU
ECS Geforce6100PM-M2 v3.0 motherboard
XFX Geforce 8500 GT

More about : list games

a c 404 Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 4:40:32 PM

Half-Life 2 is still a great game that doesn't require a cutting edge system to play.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 5:00:34 PM

You could try something like The Witcher if you like RPG type games. It was kinda fun. Albeit, there are some rather "mature" scenes in the game.

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10204/

What monitor are you playing with? And at what resolution? :)  That will make a big difference as to what will play and how well.

For shooter games, even some of the Call of Duty series would play fairly well. The Modern Warfare (first version) performed pretty darn well on my 8800GTS and GTX 260 with high settings. So a 8500GT could probably play at lower resolutions without maxed out settings.
m
l
Related resources
a c 404 Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 5:22:55 PM

Unreal Tournament 2004 was a great game that ran fast on an older system. It included several very fun game modes that were dropped in UT3.

I would also agree with older Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 5:41:05 PM

I completely didn't think of Unreal Tournament 2004. I never played the 2004 version, but the older UT games were hilariously fun to play. :) 
m
l
November 19, 2010 6:59:05 PM

jerreece said:
You could try something like The Witcher if you like RPG type games. It was kinda fun. Albeit, there are some rather "mature" scenes in the game.

http://www.yougamers.com/gameometer/10204/

What monitor are you playing with? And at what resolution? :)  That will make a big difference as to what will play and how well.

For shooter games, even some of the Call of Duty series would play fairly well. The Modern Warfare (first version) performed pretty darn well on my 8800GTS and GTX 260 with high settings. So a 8500GT could probably play at lower resolutions without maxed out settings.

I sport an AOC 21.5-inch monitor, but I usually turn the resolution down a notch. Imagine my surprise when I installed Modern Warfare 2 on my system. Played flawlessly with resolution turned down to 1440x..., 2XAA. I turned it down further like 1024x... or something with 4XAA. Bottom line, I was very surprised to play MW2 with beautiful graphics without the game lagging. And haven't even OC'd the 8500 GT.
m
l
November 19, 2010 7:03:46 PM

17seconds said:
Unreal Tournament 2004 was a great game that ran fast on an older system. It included several very fun game modes that were dropped in UT3.

I would also agree with older Call of Duty and Medal of Honor games.

Ok, I'm gonna track back to the days of Call of Duty and Medal of Honor. There are a few that I've missed like MOH Airborne and Pacific Assault. I never played the COD series before MW2 hahaha. I should really visit with those.

Unreal Tournament beats the crap outta me man. Played it a few years back when it first came out. Barely made it in the top 3. Haven't been too fond of it ever since: there's always a guy with a bigger better fictitious gun out-blasting me. I enjoy sci-fi on a very minimal level.

But thanks though.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 7:06:43 PM

Yeah the COD MW2 game is essentially DX9 based. So it runs really well on quite a few video cards. :)  If it runs well for you, the older MOH and COD games should be even better. :) 
m
l
November 19, 2010 7:44:56 PM

jerreece said:
Yeah the COD MW2 game is essentially DX9 based. So it runs really well on quite a few video cards. :)  If it runs well for you, the older MOH and COD games should be even better. :) 

Its things like these makes me a little unsure before purchasing games. The Older MOH and COD should run just fine. But when it comes to games from the same year as COD: MW2, I am not too sure because the RTS Company of Heroes came out about round the time of MW2 or earlier, but it still a heavy b**** LOL.

All the more reason to hang out on forums I guess.
m
l
a c 404 Î Nvidia
November 19, 2010 8:34:59 PM

ginmardo said:
Ok, I'm gonna track back to the days of Call of Duty and Medal of Honor. There are a few that I've missed like MOH Airborne and Pacific Assault. I never played the COD series before MW2 hahaha. I should really visit with those.

Unreal Tournament beats the crap outta me man. Played it a few years back when it first came out. Barely made it in the top 3. Haven't been too fond of it ever since: there's always a guy with a bigger better fictitious gun out-blasting me. I enjoy sci-fi on a very minimal level.

But thanks though.

I have a lot more fun, personally, in Unreal Tournament when I play in "Instant Action" mode against bots. Then, I can adjust the difficulty settings so that I don't have to worry about being overmatched. It's a blast to play a 32 "player" game with 16 on 16, it can get pretty hectic.

COD 1 & 2 are classics, but very similar to the original MOH: Allied Assault. They all have expansion packs as well, like COD: Breakthrough. The D-Day assault on Omaha Beach (forget which game it was in) was intense, and very much like the scene in Saving Private Ryan.
m
l
November 19, 2010 9:06:42 PM

You can probably play any of the GTA III game as well (original, Vice City and San Andreas).
m
l
November 20, 2010 5:45:29 AM

doom 3 , quake 4 , star wars republic commando, command and conquer 3: tiberium wars, GTA san andreas, Max Payne 2, Half Life 2, Lord of the rings battle for middle earth 2, UT 2004, Age of empires 3. These are some of the games that i played with my g210 on a 1366x768 monitor at max settings or almost max settings and all of these games look fantastic for a G210. Since g210 is comparable to a 8500gt i bet you can play these games at max or almost max settings. Also modern warfare 1&2 and company of heroes (dx9) and bioshock(dx9) work at reasonably high settings and look great. Sins of a solar empire is another great game but in battles with large number of units it lags but i think it is probably because of my cpu.
m
l
November 20, 2010 6:14:12 AM

also Battlefield 2
m
l
November 22, 2010 9:16:56 AM

17seconds said:
I have a lot more fun, personally, in Unreal Tournament when I play in "Instant Action" mode against bots. Then, I can adjust the difficulty settings so that I don't have to worry about being overmatched. It's a blast to play a 32 "player" game with 16 on 16, it can get pretty hectic.

COD 1 & 2 are classics, but very similar to the original MOH: Allied Assault. They all have expansion packs as well, like COD: Breakthrough. The D-Day assault on Omaha Beach (forget which game it was in) was intense, and very much like the scene in Saving Private Ryan.

Oh man, thats gotta be MOH: AA. The invasion on Omaha Beach is wicked awesome. Its like Saving Private Ryan all over again.
Pretty intense, one of my favorite most enjoyable levels in the shooter classic MOH: AA.

What I like about the COD: MW is that its pretty intense. You get deployed with a team, there's interaction over comm between the team members. Its like a real war experience. It revolutionized the whole look on shooter games where you usually fly solo most missions. After CODMW, you kinda miss the whole team experience, makes not feel lonely hahaha.
m
l
!