Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Upgrade or Replace?

Last response: in Systems
January 18, 2011 7:18:35 PM

Hi I have a Gateway DX 4200-09. I've upgraded it with a 550PSU and a nvidia 9400 gt. Is it worth continuing to upgrade or should I just get a new computer?

More about : upgrade replace

January 18, 2011 7:21:49 PM

What else is in a Gateway DX 4200-09? If we know that, it'll be easier to give good advice to you. :) 
January 18, 2011 7:35:06 PM

Also, What do you want it to do?
Related resources

Best solution

January 18, 2011 9:23:43 PM

Cyonn said:
http://www.gateway.com/product_spec.php?product_recid=5...

Mostly for gaming. Right now there's a lot of stuff I can't run.

You could get a new graphics card, something on the order of a 5770, and even that might be bottle necked by your CPU. :cry: 
you could get a SSD to improve boot and load times.

really, anything else would not be recommended, as the increase in performance would not be worth the cost. :non: 

I would recommend saving up towards a new build, instead of spending money on the older technology.. :sol: 
January 18, 2011 9:35:31 PM

clarkjd said:
You could get a new graphics card, something on the order of a 5770, and even that might be bottle necked by your CPU. :cry: 
you could get a SSD to improve boot and load times.

really, anything else would not be recommended, as the increase in performance would not be worth the cost. :non: 

I would recommend saving up towards a new build, instead of spending money on the older technology.. :sol: 

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to know.
January 18, 2011 9:35:44 PM

Best answer selected by cyonn.
January 19, 2011 12:02:53 AM

thank you for selecting me as best answer, and good luck with whatever you decide!
!