Old vs. new 4000x2 vs. 5&6000 series Xfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

brainrazer

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010
I have 2 Sapphire 4850x2's in Crossfire. Would it be worth it to upgrade to the 6000 series?
I have noticed these days in games my benchmarks are lower than expected yet slightly erratic as well(typically with as much as I can turned all the way up @1920x1200). For instance Starwars Force unleashed , Alien vs. Predator, Resident evil 5 all play like butter. The otherside is in things like Mafia 2, Gta4, and Just Cause 2 are choppy with low 40 something or worse(gta4)framerates. Yet a friends build I helped him with has a single 5850 and plays these games with much less trouble and stuttering, sometimes exceeding my high marks in benchmarks by 15 or more framerates.

Solution
Well, newer series like 6xxx series are better because they gives you higher minimum fps, better power consumption, less heat, and scaled more better on CF mode...
Mafia2, GTA4 and Just Cause2 are CPU demanding games, so you will be fine if you have a FAST CPU...
Yet for today's standard, dual HD4850 is still faster to handle most of games...
Well, newer series like 6xxx series are better because they gives you higher minimum fps, better power consumption, less heat, and scaled more better on CF mode...
Mafia2, GTA4 and Just Cause2 are CPU demanding games, so you will be fine if you have a FAST CPU...
Yet for today's standard, dual HD4850 is still faster to handle most of games...

Solution

brainrazer

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2010

Well since I have 4 GPU's, I bought an AMD 1090t BE. That fixed my problem. I have no more micro stuttering and games like mafia 2 are averaging 50 + fps now. I guess I just didnt have enough Cpu to handle all of those Gpus. Thanks for the idea, it helped alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.