Triple monitor problems

Billybobbean

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Ok, so I'm having a massive problem setting up my 3 monitors with my new 6870. I currently have 2 25" hanns G monitos running 1920 x 1080 and then I have one 24" samsung that runs 1920 x 1200.

The connections ont he 6870 are 2x DVI, 2x miniDisplayport, 1x HDMI

The Hanns G monitors have 1x DVI and 1x VGA on each

The Samsung has 1x DVI, 1x HDMI and 1x VGA

Currently they are connected by DVI-DVI to the 1st, DVI-HDMI to the 2nd, and miniDis-DVI for the third. Which is as far as I read the way to set them up

I currently get told I must disable one of the monitors when I try to activate the third.

Ideally I want the samsung in the middle and 2 Hanns either side.

Please can someone tell me why they won't work or if I'm doing something wrong. I've had this problem for weeks and I cant seem to get an answer.

Per the AMD site:
How many non-DisplayPort monitors can I use with an AMD Eyefinity technology-enabled graphics card?

You can connect up to two non-DisplayPort monitors at one time to an AMD Eyefinity technology-enabled graphics card using non-DisplayPort connections or passive DisplayPort dongles. To enable and drive 3 or more non-DisplayPort monitors at one time, the additional non-DisplayPort monitors must be connected with an active DisplayPort dongle.

You need one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999030&cm_re=active_display_port-_-14-999-030-_-Product

Billybobbean

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
So basically I need to get 2 more adapters? Then keep running the samsung off the HDMI-DVI??

So I cant set up triple monitors without 2x displayport?

No you can use the first 2 display in any combination using the 2 DVI and 1 HDMI connectors. The 3rd would have to use Displayport using the Active Displayport to DVI adapter.

ACTUALLY since your card only has mini display ports you would need to get a mini display port adaptar to regular displayport adapter, if it didn't come with one. And then plug the active adapter into that.