Power Supply in a Haf X case

xtreme 15

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2010
Hey Guys,

I bought a new case like a month ago (Coolermaster Haf X)
I just recieved my new power supply the other day and it dosen't fit. here is the link "http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371036"

Is there some kind of way I can still use that power supply in my case or not? I don't want to replace it cause its going to cost me. Is there a place I could mount it on the case or something.

Thank You

Solution
Should have asked here first. The CP-1000 and CP-850 are CPX form factor, made by Antec for Antec cases, they will only fit in cases like the Antec 1200, some of the P series, and a few of the Darkfleet series, they will NOT fit in any non antec cases, return it and get a standard PSU.
Should have asked here first. The CP-1000 and CP-850 are CPX form factor, made by Antec for Antec cases, they will only fit in cases like the Antec 1200, some of the P series, and a few of the Darkfleet series, they will NOT fit in any non antec cases, return it and get a standard PSU.

Solution
What do you have in that system? Unless you are running 3 or 4 video cards you dont need a 1kW unit, a good 850W unit like the XFX model or the Corsair 850HX will do just fine, they actually have just as much power on the 12V rail as the CP-1000 does so they will power any system it could, if you are running two high end but not super power hungry cards, you can use a 750W from XFX, Seasonic, Corsair, or Antec.

TRENDING THREADS